Low carb / Maffetone / other regimes
08-08-2017, 06:45 PM,
RE: Low carb / Maffetone / other regimes
Update: the weight loss continues, though in smaller steps. I'm down by 17 pounds now, which is reasonable progress.

On the exercise front, last week I put together a string of active days -- rowing alternating with 3 brief and breathless run-walks. On Sunday, I decided to treat myself to a leisurely bike ride to Thalwil for an afternoon Starbucks. Only about 8 kms, but the route I took was much more undulating than I thought, and by the time I took my first Americano mouthful, I was aware of an ache in my back. A half hour later, when I tried to jump up and get going again, it immediately outed itself as a painful strained muscle. At one time I'd have ignored it, but given my post-Berlin slipped disc, decided not to take any chances, and rather glumly took the train back home along the lake.

Two days later it's still painful, but improving, and I'm pretty sure it's not connected to my herniated disc. I'll take another day or two's rest. Slightly annoying, but it's probably a handy reminder that I'm not yet in a position to have 6 or 7 consecutive aerobic days. So I'll take a step-back break and let the healing happen.

But overall, reasonably pleased with progress.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Low carb / Maffetone / other regimes - by El Gordo - 08-08-2017, 06:45 PM