Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May as well go for broke.
24-05-2017, 09:03 AM,
RE: May as well go for broke.
(12-05-2017, 01:35 PM)Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man Wrote:
The only conclusion I can draw is that the shoes were not the star of the show at all, whereas the champion athlete Kipchoge clearly was the star attraction, and he quite possibly could have run in day shoes and still broken the record.
Perhaps, in my own despairing way, I'm asking if we can perhaps for a moment focus on the humanity of our endeavours, rather than become embroiled in the sales and chic-marketing arm of some multinational manufacturing behemoth. 

I'm with you.* The humanity, the human element is the most interesting element as far as I'm concerned. Something about the spark and interest of the actual experience of being human, that marketing / sales for any multinational (no matter how well intentioned their goal to solve problems human being have or help further the goals of human beings). I was chatting with a friend about empty buzzwords recently and it feels similar to me: take the humanity out of something and it is empty.

*(Sorry, again late to the party so replying having only just read this - no idea what has been said since in this thread, not got that far yet. Just wanted to through my tuppence worth in before I lost my thread of thought!)

... Take the National Express when your life's in a mess / It'll make you smile ...

24-05-2017, 09:09 AM,
(21-05-2017, 04:31 PM)Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man Wrote: Close enough... 2017 Sydney Half Marathon race Report.

Still, as someone later on said to me, if I had missed a 400m sprint target by 17 seconds, you'd score that as a miss. Being 17 seconds outside a half marathon target is a different matter, and can pretty much be considered to have hit the mark.

Yeah, that will do nicely. And it’s a huge improvement of over 14 minutes on my Almeria time, and in just three months.

Yeah, I’m happy with that.

Bravo! That is fantastic news. I understand you are (were?) disappointed to not break the 2 hour target you set yourself - I get that. But in 3 months, yes that is a massive improvement. So thrilled for you :-) xx

... Take the National Express when your life's in a mess / It'll make you smile ...

27-05-2017, 08:15 PM,
Great work MLCMM, we all love it when a plan comes together!