Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oktoba
24-10-2016, 12:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 24-10-2016, 02:04 PM by Sweder.)
RE: Oktoba
Que Pasa? as they are wont to say down Mexico way.
Pasa Nada, Amigos.

Almost two weeks in the Yucatan peninsular and not a single step on the road to Almeria.
This is partly due to intense pressure of work, partly concerns about fitness/ injury/ general health. I've not felt terribly well of late. There are a number of seasonal ailments doing the rounds, the common cold seemingly behind most of the them. CharlieCat mentioned this a while back. It's not earth-shattering, yet one's will to run is well and truly sapped.

I hit the Lewes Twittens this past Sunday, marking the 48th edition, alongside Tom Roper and That Coach Nick. Nick had been out for a plod and found himself arriving at our departure point on the stroke of nine. We invited him along and set off, we three, in search of hill sprints. It went well enough, despite a wee niggle in my right hamstring that felt more like a trapped nerve than muscle damage. I felt good about getting round, but remain less than certain about my current fitness.

Home now for a week or two, I plan to get out for some medium distances in the hills. Cooler, damper weather usually plays into my hands, though I'm looking forward to the clocks 'falling' back next weekend. I'm also planning to work in a daily nap. I know SP swears by them, though he seems to have been on one now for a year or more.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

Messages In This Thread
Oktoba - by Sweder - 04-10-2016, 10:07 AM
RE: Oktoba - by Sweder - 24-10-2016, 12:43 PM
RE: Oktoba - by Sweder - 02-11-2016, 08:04 AM
RE: Oktoba - by glaconman - 02-11-2016, 03:28 PM
RE: Oktoba - by Sweder - 02-11-2016, 03:45 PM