Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fat and flabby January
20-01-2016, 12:53 PM,
RE: Fat and flabby January
(20-01-2016, 12:02 PM)Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man Wrote: Post Script

On a hot and muggy night I have just followed my podiatrist's instructions and completed a warm up jaunt around the block before undertaking my first stretching session in accordance with his demands wishes, viz, that said stretching sessions be completed "twice per day following a proper warm up".

I have to tell you, an early morning 4 a.m. 5km run is easier and far less painful  to complete than this wretched stretching I have to do. But then, I guess that only vindicates what he was saying - my hamstrings and calf muscles are clearly and obviously woefully* inadequate and require "much" work.

I am sorry to say that during the prescribed stretching session Mrs MLCMM was completely unsympathetic to my screams of anguish. Doubtless RC readers will be rather less callous.

Please.

*As usual, multitudinous apologies to haters of the adverb. I seemingly can't help myself.

I visited queen Boudicca over Christmas (aka a masseur), who, during the course of my 'treatment', enquired about the kind of stretching I did, before and after a run.  When I stopped laughing, which was some feat given the pain she was inflicting on my calf muscles, I explained that proper runners don't stretch.  At this point she started laughing... which really didn't do anything to ease the torture she was now dishing out on my shoulder.  

You should warm up properly before a run, she said (which apparently doesn't mean just running slowly for a while) and do some stretches afterwards.  She then pointed me towards a website that has a good 10 minute routine for runners.

I crawled home and the next day loaded it up.  There was a very nice and quite scantily clad lady firing instructions from my iPad screen.  So I followed them... you would wouldn't you... she was nice and scantily... ...  Anyway, to cut a long and painful story short, I managed to pull a muscle in my shoulder doing those bloody stretches, which was agony for a few days.  I guess you need to do stretches before your stretches.
There is more to be done

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fat and flabby January - by Charliecat5 - 20-01-2016, 12:53 PM
RE: Fat and flabby January - by Bierzo Baggie - 20-01-2016, 11:59 PM
RE: Fat and flabby January - by Charliecat5 - 21-01-2016, 10:31 PM
RE: Fat and flabby January - by Bierzo Baggie - 28-01-2016, 12:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  January 2019 ... here we go again! Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 52 9,476 31-01-2019, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  Far From Flabby February Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 34 14,308 06-09-2016, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  2015 January is Go Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 8 2,844 02-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Last Post: stillwaddler
  January 2012 - Here We Go Again Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 40 25,392 31-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Last Post: glaconman
  January Jollies Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 68 33,646 30-01-2006, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Sweder