Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June... my goodness how the time has flewn
16-06-2015, 12:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 16-06-2015, 01:12 PM by Charliecat5.)
RE: June... my goodness how the time has flewn
As Freddie Mercury once said:

“This is ourselves
Under Pressure”

He also said in the same song:
“It’s the terror of knowing,
 What this world is about”

I’m beginning to wake up to enormity of the task ahead.   I know it's early days… the question is, can I keep it up?

I read an interesting article a while ago which talked about muscle memory and the fact that it doesn’t take long for muscles to get use to a certain rhythm and because of this we very quickly achieve a position of consistency.  Being aware of this phenomenon (Mah Nà Mah Nà)  I recognise the need to break out and start pushing the status quo (Dan: note that inadvertently a theme is developing here). 

Hence the hill reps, and now, from this lunchtime, the dastardly sprints.  What am I putting my body through?

Yesterday, after an hours squash with the Boy, who it might be said at the age of 12 is giving his old man a real run around the court, I went out for a short fast one… which was short (3 miles), but not that fast (8:50 min/mi).  Then today, to mix up the hill sprints a little, I set off along the railway track for a couple of sprints, up Horse Hill at a pace which was quick but sustainable, and then a clutch of four hill sprints in the usual spot. 

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THAT THIS IS ALL WORTH WHILE*…

Plans have changed this week and tomorrow I am heading to Carlisle for a couple of days… so Leave a Light On***

(*which as it happens is a song by Tom Cat Norton**).

(** I had to look that up on Google). 

(*** Sorry).
There is more to be done

Messages In This Thread
RE: June... my goodness how the time has flewn - by Charliecat5 - 16-06-2015, 12:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  June, so full of promise Charliecat5 12 5,450 15-07-2016, 06:17 PM
Last Post: marathondan
  December is here before its June Charliecat5 7 3,564 31-12-2015, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Charliecat5
  June 2014 Charliecat5 17 6,581 29-06-2014, 07:23 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man