Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June... my goodness how the time has flewn
07-06-2015, 09:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2015, 09:25 AM by Charliecat5.)
RE: June... my goodness how the time has flewn
I need a Plan like Dan I say
I need a Plan to run
The Jog Shop 20 won’t run itself
I need a plan that’s fun. 

Trouble is… the unpredictable nature of work makes planning very difficult… so my plan is more a series of rules (or at least an ambition).

So here it is... my plan:  Each week I will:

·         run a long one… focusing on distance not speed
·         run a short fast one… focusing on speed
·         do something in-between (this could include squash or a bike ride).

That’s 3 lots of exercise each week.  With the intention, that by the end of July, I am running up to 15 miles. I need to persuade BGG to join me on these longer jaunts as I need his relentless puffing and grunting to keep me going.

This morning was the first run since that awful experience with Sweder a couple of weeks ago (for the record (and for a change), it wasn’t Sweder that was the awful bit)… since then I have suffered a horrible cold and an unbelievable work load.  I headed out this morning with little expectation other than to run about 5 miles and to take in a hill or two.  It was a deliberately slow plod up to the top of Kingston Ridge and then back via road to Lewes.  All in all, 5.5 miles at a pace of 10.18.  

It was nice to be out there again, but I cannot pretend that it was particularly easy.  Usually it takes me a couple of miles to find my comfort zone… this morning I couldn’t find it at all.  However, one of the challenges living in Lewes is that it is very difficult to find an easy first 2 miles.  

There is more to be done

Messages In This Thread
RE: June... my goodness how the time has flewn - by Charliecat5 - 07-06-2015, 09:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  June, so full of promise Charliecat5 12 5,450 15-07-2016, 06:17 PM
Last Post: marathondan
  December is here before its June Charliecat5 7 3,564 31-12-2015, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Charliecat5
  June 2014 Charliecat5 17 6,581 29-06-2014, 07:23 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man