Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April is upon us
27-04-2015, 06:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-04-2015, 06:28 PM by Charliecat5.)
RE: April is upon us
You know that feeling when you just can’t be bothered.  That was me an hour ago.  The procrastination had got so bad I found myself doing admin which had been sitting on my desk since Christmas.  

But it had to be done.  I mentally tried to put myself in that exciting place I experienced on Saturday running with MLCMM and BGG to put a spring in my step… and tried to forget the amount of beer I drank on Saturday evening which is probably the root cause of my lethargy.

Kingston Ridge was the destination and to spice things up, I forced myself up steeper northern path   to really test out the calf muscles.   As usual, running along the top, with the wind behind me and the sheep looking on (looking on bemused it has to be said – but then sheep always look bemused) made all the hard work getting up there worthwhile.   

I mention sheep, because until MLCMM pointed it out on Saturday, I had never noticed the amount of sheep poo on these trails… for me it just part of life, something that helps your shoes grip to the hill sides.  But now he’s mentioned it… I can’t help notice there is quite a lot.

One thing that still frustrates me is my inability to run downhill quickly – it really shouldn't be that hard when gravity is on your side - but my downhill pace is really no quicker than my 'on the flat' pace.  I need to work on this and probably take some advice on technique.  Nailing this would make a real difference to my times.

Running back home along Juggs Lane I experienced that wonderful thing when dark clouds form on one horizon and the evening sun shines out on the other, creating a amazing conjunction of contrast and colour.   I’ve said it before, and I will say it again… this is why I love running.

4.75 miles and an average pace of 8:44.  That’ll do.
There is more to be done

Messages In This Thread
April is upon us - by Charliecat5 - 09-04-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: April is upon us - by Charliecat5 - 14-04-2015, 01:04 PM
RE: April is upon us - by Charliecat5 - 20-04-2015, 07:25 AM
RE: April is upon us - by marathondan - 20-04-2015, 07:41 AM
RE: April is upon us - by Sweder - 25-04-2015, 07:38 AM
RE: April is upon us - by Charliecat5 - 25-04-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: April is upon us - by Charliecat5 - 27-04-2015, 06:24 PM
RE: April is upon us - by Sweder - 27-04-2015, 08:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post