Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April is upon us
25-04-2015, 01:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 25-04-2015, 01:11 PM by Charliecat5.)
RE: April is upon us
Running with giants

What an exciting morning… not only do we have Billy Goat Gruff back on the trails proper, but this morning we were also joined by MLCMM for a little jaunt up Blackcap.   These are men who have conquered the Point to Pinnacle in Hobart, the men who have run so many races it’s hard to keep count, men who I have looked to for inspiration since starting running, and here they are running alongside me (well somewhat behind me to be honest… but I promised not to mention that). 

I turned up at Chez Sweder bang on the nail at the agreed time to find said ‘giants of running’ not long out of bed, and one still in his jeans muttering about coffee… but in no time both humans and dogs were out of the door ready to go.  Satellites found… ‘GO’ buttons pressed and we were on our way… a nice easy warm up mile taking us to the start of the Moyleman. 

And what a *joy* it was to following BGG’s arse again after all these months AND in the company of MLCMM.  Once we reached the start of the Moyleman the run began in earnest and our guest started to realise quite quickly (well actually, quite slowly) that the Moyleman really does start with a long up-hill climb. 

The weather was perfect for running, albeit the views were sadly lost in the mist, and before long we were through the gate into the field that runs up to the top.  I noted with interest that the big man, who apparently is still recuperating, was starting to set quite an impressive pace, but with the top in  sight (if you used your imagination) I pushed on ahead… mainly to give myself a few minutes to get their surprise ready at the top - a bottle of Harveys to share. 

After a few sips of beer we turned and headed back down via Mount Harry with a little detour thrown in to show off the beautiful views (ahem) of Lewes.

All in all we did 6 miles… but it was the big inane grins on the faces of them both as they topped Blackcap that I will remember for a long time to come.

A really memorable run… thanks both for making it so.  
There is more to be done

Messages In This Thread
April is upon us - by Charliecat5 - 09-04-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: April is upon us - by Charliecat5 - 14-04-2015, 01:04 PM
RE: April is upon us - by Charliecat5 - 20-04-2015, 07:25 AM
RE: April is upon us - by marathondan - 20-04-2015, 07:41 AM
RE: April is upon us - by Sweder - 25-04-2015, 07:38 AM
RE: April is upon us - by Charliecat5 - 25-04-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: April is upon us - by Charliecat5 - 27-04-2015, 06:24 PM
RE: April is upon us - by Sweder - 27-04-2015, 08:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post