Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Runner Runner
13-03-2015, 01:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 13-03-2015, 01:17 AM by Sweder.)
Runner Runner
It's been a while since I visited the prescient permarain of 2024 San Angeles in Ridley Scott's Meisterwerk, Blade Runner. I have the Final Cut on Blu Ray, along with the original (with Ford's droning voice-over) and the 'Director's Cut', casting aspersions on Deckard's humanity.

Now the BFI are taking the movie on a tour, remastered for modern theatres. When it hits Dukes at Komedia, as it will in early April, I'll be front and centre. With it's space-age noir, laconic antihero and haunting Vangelis soundtrack, this film deserves to be seen on the Big Screen. It's a timely reminder of what the Great Man was once capable of, before he started churning out pap like Exodus: Gods and Kings and the soul-less, I-hope-they-all-die The Counsellor.

Here's the BFI's trailer. Can't wait. 

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

13-03-2015, 11:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 13-03-2015, 11:31 AM by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man.)
RE: Runner Runner
My mother? I'll tell you about my mother...

Such an amazing movie. I have the Director's Cut on DVD and watch it often, as it's one of the few movies that stands repeated viewing, mainly because it has such an impact on your thinking about life in all its glorious and inglorious meanings.

Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?

And the amazing real life moment, when Rutger Hauer completely changed the script to deliver what would become the poignant monologue of the movie only added an even greater slap to the existential chops and marked the film as one of the greats...

I've… seen things you people wouldn't believe… Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those… moments… will be lost in time, like [[i]small cough] tears… in… rain. Time… to die…[/i]

The score by Vangelis was truly outstanding, but I'm also pleased that Aussie band The Bamboos released this tribute to the film...

I love everything about this film and would kill to view it on 70mm...

[video=youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3IP2wAz14s[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3IP2wAz14s
Run. Just run.