Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Three Years long Enough?
09-02-2015, 04:26 PM,
Is Three Years long Enough?
Has it really been 3 years since I err...bent the rules in Almeria?

Perhaps it was the fact that yesterday the Great Race was run again, or that I finally found the Garmin Tom R kindly gave me, or something else? Dunno, but yesterday I went out and ran/walked 3 miles.

It certainly wasn't pretty; breathing was all over the place and that once-familiar lower back ache surfaced. I can though put the latter down to having no running shoes anymore and choosing a route over shingle from the Sailing Club here to Newhaven and back. Still, it felt bloody good afterwards.

Might just do it again.
09-02-2015, 09:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-02-2015, 09:32 PM by Sweder.)
Thumbs Up  RE: Is Three Years long Enough?
Nice Smile

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

10-02-2015, 10:20 AM,
RE: Is Three Years long Enough?
That's good news, SP. If you can fit in two or three light plods a week for a couple of months, you'll be back in business in no time. Just coming into the right time of year to be out there, too. Have you been getting any other exercise whacking your balls recently?
10-02-2015, 12:53 PM,
Just a thought: we're probably at the same stage in our , ah, returns.
Be good to head out for plod sometime ...

10-02-2015, 10:43 PM,
I don't believe what I'm reading ...
Run. Just run.
11-02-2015, 11:26 AM,
I way behind you Mr Swede, at the moment I can just about manage 1/2 a mile without collapsing into a heap.

Still, out again last night for just half an hour. My old stomping ground of up and down the seafront dodging the dog walkers and animals.

On both outings to date I hadn't wanted to go, enjoyed it while I was out and loved it when it was over.

And Dan, wise words as usual and exactly what I anticipate doing. Time will tell.
11-02-2015, 03:07 PM,
(11-02-2015, 11:26 AM)Seafront Plodder Wrote: I way behind you Mr Swede, at the moment I can just about manage 1/2 a mile without collapsing into a heap.

Nope, that sounds like exactly where I'm at.

17-02-2015, 10:50 AM,
Wow, well done SP _ all we need now is El Gordo to join in the Resurrection:-)
Phew this is hard work !
02-03-2016, 07:10 AM,
Four years now!
Run. Just run.
02-03-2016, 06:10 PM,
RE: Is FOUR Years long Enough?
We're putting the band back together and adding a few new players.

Tall Simon and Andrea are up for a return, as is Cam and Me Joolie.
I'm hopeful Charlie Cat can be persuaded, Suzie and MLCMMan are in ...
We just need to track down Niguel and convince SP and EG to sign up.

At this rate we might want to charter a plane ...

02-03-2016, 08:12 PM,
Subject to dates, I'm in.
There is more to be done
02-03-2016, 09:26 PM,
Not confirmed yet for me, but definitely working towards it. And where's Ana? Did she ever make it to Almeria?
Run. Just run.
02-03-2016, 10:03 PM,
(02-03-2016, 09:26 PM)Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man Wrote: Not confirmed yet for me, but definitely working towards it. And where's Ana? Did she ever make it to Almeria?

Famously yes, she did. A lovely young lady, sadly not bitten by the running bug.
I miss her here, she was a lively and entertaining addition to our number.

13-03-2016, 08:34 PM,
(09-02-2015, 04:26 PM)Seafront Plodder Wrote: Has it really been 3 years since I err...bent the rules in Almeria?

Perhaps it was the fact that yesterday the Great Race was run again, or that I finally found the Garmin Tom R kindly gave me, or something else? Dunno, but yesterday I went out and ran/walked 3 miles.

It certainly wasn't pretty; breathing was all over the place and that once-familiar lower back ache surfaced. I can though put the latter down to having no running shoes anymore and choosing a route over shingle from the Sailing Club here to Newhaven and back. Still, it felt bloody good afterwards.

Might just do it again.

I hereby cast down the gauntlet and challenge you to an athletic duel in Almeria 2017. However, I worry about your health and think the half might be too much for a fellow of your.... notable stature. But the 9K should allow me to settle this issue rapidly, and once and for all.

What say you, Sir?
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
14-03-2016, 03:23 PM,
What I say, is that you must have more gauntlets than d'Artagnan.   Big Grin
14-03-2016, 08:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 14-03-2016, 10:50 PM by El Gordo.)
I think that's a Yes? Hurrah!!
El Gordo

15-03-2016, 10:54 AM,
Another gauntlet for you, SP. Number #2 son Stephen has challenged you to race him again on this year's Point To Pinnacle.

But I think I already know what the answer will be.
Run. Just run.
15-03-2016, 03:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 15-03-2016, 03:06 PM by Seafront Plodder.)
(14-03-2016, 08:49 PM)El Gordo Wrote: I think that's a Yes? Hurrah!!
Was talking with Cam after The Moyleman, she has already told me I'm going. Question is in what capacity? 

The last time Mr El G threw a gauntlet in my direction, so sure was he that he'd be beaten he didn't bother to make the start line.  Big Grin
10-04-2016, 07:54 PM,
(15-03-2016, 03:05 PM)Seafront Plodder Wrote: The last time Mr El G threw a gauntlet in my direction, so sure was he that he'd be beaten he didn't bother to make the start line.  Big Grin

I don't recall any Almeria gauntlets, or much else, except plenty of Paris goblets -- constantly topped up the night before the race. The result was that fate rendered me unable to participate. Or possibly fat. What's an E between friends?

This time, I will be there.
El Gordo

22-11-2016, 10:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 22-11-2016, 10:26 AM by Seafront Plodder.)
[quote pid='27933' dateline='1460318062']
Sadly I won't. I haven't run a yard in the last lordy-knows-when, don't own any running shoes, and clearly have nothing left to prove when it comes to blazing past That Swiss Chap.

Much in the same way that Robin Montague cornered me in the pub, forced beer down my throat and persuaded me to run the London Marathon back in the days, well Paul Gibson has only gone and done it again!

For the first half of next year I are be mostly training for the London to Brighton Bike Ride. I have a bike which Mark, the fit cyclist fellow from next door is (as I type) servicing the hell out of so it can do justice to my slender frame. Big Grin   I keep getting questioning text messages from Paul asking when I'll be ready to start training and feel that I'm running out of excuses. I have no idea whether I can do this, how long it will take or what training will be involved, but it's a bucket list tick I can make so I have accepted.

I would like to think that I will find Almeria again one year, but first I need to do this. So I'll leave it in the capable hands of others to lead EG astray the night before, and look forward to many tales. 

All being well, I can use this diary to detail my exploits too. Smile 

[/quote]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long weekenders Seafront Plodder 14 5,663 17-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Riazor Blue
  As long as the battery lasts! Seafront Plodder 7 4,102 05-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Nigel