Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015: Resurrection
03-03-2015, 10:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-03-2015, 08:31 AM by Sweder.)
RE: 2015: Resurrection
Ground out another gritty, slushy slog this morning. I'd link to the Runkeeper data but it's one of those Thou Shall Not Pass Until Thou Hast Signed Up sites, so here's a screenshot. This was a loop of Landport Bottom. Turns out I've been covering 3 klicks per circuit, a pleasant surprise. I occasionally go wild and run this in reverse, pounding down that lovely long hill, or, when I've not had my meds, work in a switch-back, running up hill halfway along. It's a smörgasbord of running delight.

More of the same to come. I must say it was good to feel a dull ache in my legs as I pulled on my offies today. Glutes, hammies and quads all complained as I hauled myself ever so slowly up that long drag. The Knee stayed pleasingly silent.

Tonight sees the last big pre-race meeting of the Moyleman Brains Trust. We have an agenda as long as your arm, everything from numbers to marshals to paramedics to walkie talkies to foil blankets and free beer. Oh yes, Harveys have donated a barrell of their finest IPA. Happy days.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

04-03-2015, 12:08 PM,
You are definitely getting there big time Sweder, delighted the knee is quiet.

Free Beer? - now your talking my language. keep on keeping on.
Phew this is hard work !
07-03-2015, 10:26 AM,
Really don't fancy it today. Tired, achey, too full from last night (Phoebe's 20th celebrations).
A perfect time to get out there, I reckon.

07-03-2015, 12:14 PM,
(07-03-2015, 10:26 AM)Sweder Wrote: Really don't fancy it today. Tired, achey, too full from last night (Phoebe's 20th celebrations).
A perfect time to get out there, I reckon.

I didn't fancy it at all yesterday evening.  I felt lethargic after a lethargic, unproductive day in the office and I really didn't want anything to get in the way of the planned curry and beer.  However, Mrs CC5 had been out running at lunchtime so I reluctantly pulled on the shoes and headed out the door.  Only for three miles round Sweder's Hill circuit.  

You know what... I did a personal best... fastest time to date.  

The curry and beer when at last they did arrive tasted all the more sweeter for the experience  Smile
07-03-2015, 12:47 PM,
Strangely my own run echoed that of Mr Le Chat last evening. 
I chugged off for a minimal plod, ended up 'breaking all my personal records' (thank you Run Keeper), logging my longest outing since the dawn of time whilst notching my quickest pace. All relative, of course, but I'm still basking in the modest glow an hour later.

I'm typing this on a new iMac home computer thing. It's a just a (large) screen, with the brain cleverly stored therein. My old PC rests in pieces, finally overcome by a lack of will to upgrade and an overdose of nefarious, unsolicited infiltrations. This Mac malarkey takes some getting used to, iOS experience or not. 

I'm trying a screenshot of today's results. 

09-03-2015, 11:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-03-2015, 11:36 PM by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man.)
Hmm, there's a fantastic mood of optimism developing round these parts. Everyone's running and seemingly very keen again. Wonderful!
Run. Just run.
11-03-2015, 12:31 PM,
This may have a lot to do with the weather. Sunshine always brings out the best in me.
Runkeeper slipped me a Mickey this morning, though. I set off (for a very sedate, short circuit) only to hear on my return that I had completed 0.14 kilometres in 1 minute and change. The circuit is proven to be 3.18 kms. It might not have been PB pace, but I object to the lost mileage nonetheless.

Throwing my iPhone into my Lewes FC shorts pocket is not the way forward.
I shall invest in a swanky armband.

11-03-2015, 12:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2015, 12:48 PM by Seafront Plodder.)
Has anyone else noticed the closer we get to The Moyleman, the shorter the Great Sweder's posts become. Big Grin
11-03-2015, 12:58 PM,
So you going Garmin-free now Sweder?
11-03-2015, 02:09 PM,
(11-03-2015, 12:46 PM)Seafront Plodder Wrote: Has anyone else noticed the closer we get to The Moyleman, the shorter the Great Sweder's posts become. Big Grin

I don't know why... the planning committee met last night and there is nothing left to do... all is ready and waiting for Sunday.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA  Undecided
There is more to be done
13-03-2015, 12:53 AM,
(11-03-2015, 12:58 PM)marathondan Wrote: So you going Garmin-free now Sweder?

I am for now, Dan. My 205 Forerunner is still good for age, but I've lost the charging lead.
That, and I have no idea if I can upload the data via the Mac. As ever, I'm a slave to fashion.
The Runkeeper data is good enough for these wee plods. I like the mapping and the elevations seem to be about right.

Something else Runkeeper does is talks to me on the way around. Time and distance run, current average pace, that sort of thing. It hasn't got truly eye-gougingly annoying yet. Given that it's a Californian lady whining at me this can only be a matter of time.

As for the post length jibe, I would say that has a lot more to do with the length of the outings than anything else.
I'm sure once I start counting in miles and hours I'll bore the ears off the lot of you.

13-03-2015, 07:12 AM,
(13-03-2015, 12:53 AM)Sweder Wrote: I'm sure once I start counting in miles and hours I'll bore the ears off the lot of you.
If the sight of the Moyleman runners this weekend don't inspire you to pull out some big runs then there's no hope left.

Bring it on, and best of of luck for the MM. Wish I was there!
Run. Just run.
13-03-2015, 06:01 PM,
Wish I could be there as well. I'll be thinking of you all - runners and volunteers. Know it will go well.
13-03-2015, 11:32 PM,
(13-03-2015, 07:12 AM)Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man Wrote:
(13-03-2015, 12:53 AM)Sweder Wrote: I'm sure once I start counting in miles and hours I'll bore the ears off the lot of you.
If the sight of the Moyleman runners this weekend don't inspire you to pull out some big runs then there's no hope left.

It's not lack of inspiration that tethers my effort. It's rehab from a wrecked and ravaged knee and a return from seven months out of the game. I'm happy with my progress. It's a slow burn, but one I take pleasure in. The milestones are modest, yet I greet them like long-lost friends.

13-03-2015, 11:35 PM,
Thanks for the best wishes, guys. I revisited the man behind the race today, reading the Run Brighton piece from last year. There's a course-marking party tomorrow and a few last-minute things to take care of.
Two more sleeps.

17-03-2015, 10:37 PM,
Just sat and watched this on Slideshow mode with Elbow's One Day Like This blasting in my headphones.
Bloody hell.

17-03-2015, 10:55 PM,
Excellent photos Sweder. Yer making me .... pine for something.

I'm off for a run.
Run. Just run.
18-03-2015, 08:01 AM,
After the Lord Mayor's Show, back to the rehab.
Yesterday saw my first outing since Friday, although I walked a few very hilly miles on Saturday with SP  to mark the course from the top of the YBR to the mast at Firle. 

A decent effort, at 4.7 kilometres my longest since the op. I tucked in the Moyleman start for good measure, reliving the moment on Sunday when a dream became reality. It helped me up that long haul. 

On the scamper home, down through Landport Bottom, I realised my breathing had settled and my legs felt ... strong. I felt a thrill run through me, genuine hope. I started to day-dream about longer distances, a run to Black Cap, maybe. When MLCMMan arrives next month I'd like to run a section of the Moyleman with him. Maybe just five miles or so. Perhaps we could start from Charliecat's house and shoot up the W to the top of the YBR, to get a good view of the whole course. That said, G seems fascinated with the section from Glynde to the finish, up and over Caburn and down into the town. We'll see.

The point is, these are now options, whereas last month they were pipe dreams.
On, on.

18-03-2015, 08:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 18-03-2015, 08:06 AM by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man.)
Great news Sweder, that's excellent news, and I'm really looking forward to running with you again no matter where it is (although I fear CC5 is already charging up the cattle prod and will force me over Caburn).

Even better days ahead OM!
Run. Just run.
18-03-2015, 01:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 18-03-2015, 01:05 PM by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man.)
(17-03-2015, 10:37 PM)Sweder Wrote: Just sat and watched this on Slideshow mode with Elbow's One Day Like This blasting in my headphones.
Bloody hell.

Good stuff! I also got off on the slideshow watching it to this; an amazing song about everyday superheroes:

Run. Just run.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  December 2015 Sweder 7 3,741 31-12-2015, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  November 2015 Sweder 10 4,914 01-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  August 2015 Sweder 16 7,030 25-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man