Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QPR strip - a true story....probably.
02-07-2008, 02:48 PM,
A young lad says to his mum “where is my QPR strip”? His mother replies “I have washed it son and it’s drying on the washing line”. The young lad rushes to the sitting room window to see his beloved strip lying on the grass, he shouts “mum why is my strip lying in the grass”?

His mum looks out the window and screams “some bastards have pinched the pegs again!” :RFLMAO:
02-07-2008, 10:39 PM,
Seafront Plodder Wrote:A young lad says to his mum “where is my QPR strip”? His mother replies “I have washed it son and it’s drying on the washing line”. The young lad rushes to the sitting room window to see his beloved strip lying on the grass, he shouts “mum why is my strip lying in the grass”?

His mum looks out the window and screams “some bastards have pinched the pegs again!” :RFLMAO:

By astonishing coincidence the gorgeous new QPR hoops, and sponsors, were revealed today, as illustrated here by one of the nation's leading male models, Iain Dowie.

Word on the street is that the Arabic script says "Death to the infidels" but this hasn't been confirmed.

Attached Files Image(s)

El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
16-07-2008, 04:28 PM,
Hmm . . I for one hope QPR do intent to strip . . . for this fixture at any rate.
We get all the top outfits down The Pan y'know . . .

http://www.lewesfc.com/news/story.php?storyID=203

Oh and EG we've got your other lot (the team you own, kinda) playing our men in the Blue Square Premier fixture on Monday 9th August. Room available at Chez Sweder if you fancy it.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

16-07-2008, 08:53 PM,
Sweder Wrote:Hmm . . I for one hope QPR do intent to strip . . . for this fixture at any rate.
We get all the top outfits down The Pan y'know . . .

http://www.lewesfc.com/news/story.php?storyID=203

Oh and EG we've got your other lot (the team you own, kinda) playing our men in the Blue Square Premier fixture on Monday 9th August. Room available at Chez Sweder if you fancy it.

Are we both drunk, I wonder...?

I misunderstood your message and posted this:

Not so fast #1: Well, the fixture reads "Lewes Ladies vs QPR", and not "QPR Ladies", so be careful what you wish for when it comes to shirt removal.

Not so fast #2: From what I'v seen of Lewes Ladies (with the notable exception of Mrs S and Miss S, of course), they would give the West London woofters a good old run for their money.

Not so fast #3: I suspect this question has been posed before now, but what planet do you occupy, old boy? On Earth, where I reside, August 9 2008 is a Saturday (and not just any old Saturday.... it's the first day of my football season, though perhaps not yours).

However, I did notice that the football club I own, Ebbsfleet Utd, are at Lewes on Mon 25 August.**

------------------------------------------------

**Bugger, hang on -- that's bank holiday Monday, and one of M's pals is down for the weekend I think.... hmmm -- afternoon or evening KO I wonder??

=========================================================

But then I realise that you're talking about my real Essex boys in any case, but you have the date wrong.

Man, I'm confused: Men or women? QPR or Ebbsfleet? Saturday or Monday? Afternoon or evening? 9th or 25th? Invitation or backtrack?

Sad
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
17-07-2008, 12:18 PM,
Not sure we want such rampant pedants down here anyway! Big Grin

Apologies for the confusion but I'm taking my info unchecked (and apparently in some form of drunken haze) from the Lewes FC website. Based on the chaos reigning over first team affairs following the end-of-season take-over I'd take any of this with a large pinch of savoury spice. However, having paid a very sober re-visit today I can confirm:

Ladies pre season friendlies:
27th July West Ham (away)
3rd Aug Bournemouth (away)
10th Aug QPR (home)

Looks like having seen our mens first team open a can of whup-ass on both the Hammers and the Hoops we're letting the ladies loose on them this time. Shame the Hammers fixture is away as I'm sure Niguel would have been keen to extract revenge.

Lewes FC v Ebbsfleet is indeed Monday 25th August; you are most welcome to join us (we'll have lodgings at Chez Sweder if required/ desired).

Phew! Look before you leap eh . . . Confused

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

07-08-2008, 12:12 PM,
"The first day is the toughest, no doubt about it. They march you in, hand you your uniform and force you to pose for the photographer while loads of fat, tattooed, skinheads shout abuse at you. That's when you know it's for real.

A whole life blown away in the blink of an eye. Nothing left but all the time in the world to think about it. That's when it hits home. That's when you realise you've signed for Newcastle...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Web Site Story Sweder 6 3,290 04-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Last Post: marathondan
  Qpr Seafront Plodder 13 10,619 23-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Last Post: El Gordo