Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update
10-10-2012, 11:14 AM,
RE: Update
(04-10-2012, 05:39 AM)El Gordo Wrote: I'll start a spreadsheet.

Well that killed that idea. Dodgy
Run. Just run.
20-01-2013, 09:52 PM,
New year, new shoes..
Riazor Blue, Riazor Blue,
I need you Riazor Blue.
I shall post my laments here until Yoda emerges from his murky cave and blesses me with words of running wisdom.

So, last week I did something I hadn’t done for a long, long time. I went into this big sports shop and bought some trainers. All by myself. They were Mizuno Wave Ascends 7. They were shiny blue and yellow. Thought I’d saved a few bob in the sales.

Then I remembered.. “there is no substitute for expertise. You cannot be trusted to buy running shoes by yourself”.. to be written one hundred times.

Went out for a run this morning to try the forementioned new trainers. Ran along the Monte Pajariel trails where more often than not I’ll use a pair of worn out road shoes and with no problem at all.After 10 minutes I’d fallen over twice. Initially the shoes felt comfy enough as Mizunos always do but I noticed that the heels felt stiff and heavy. I can understand how Sweder ended up with grief, especially considering he’s probably a heavier chap than me. Both my heels felt tender after only 45 minutes running. I assume this came from the descents.

I might get away with it as I tend to run on my toes a lot of the time (Yoda noticed that). They might just need breaking in and getting used to.

Or it might be a question of finding the terrain that suits the shoes best.

It might be a question of hunting down Riazor Blue and paying him to choose all my shoes in the future.

We’ll see how it goes..
20-01-2013, 09:59 PM,
RE: New year, new shoes..
(20-01-2013, 09:52 PM)Bierzo Baggie Wrote: It might be a question of hunting down Riazor Blue and paying him to choose all my shoes in the future.

We’ll see how it goes..

If you do track down RB, ask him to pop in here from time to time... it'd be great to hear from him again.

Best of luck with the Mizunos!
Run. Just run.
21-01-2013, 07:38 PM,
RE: Update
It's a pity Riazor Blue had to close down his sports shop. I like buying my trainers from a small sports shop where the owner advises me which ones suit me better instead of getting them from impersonal sports stores or on the internet.

I remember I met Riazor Blue at Madrid marathon in 2004. He had entered for the race but he was injured. So he decided to help as a volunteer. We went to the marathon expo and he talked to people from several running companies. He knew a lot about running and its kit.

As MLCMM says, It'd be great if Riazor Blue popped in here from time to time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diary Update. Bierzo Baggie 10 6,048 08-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Bierzo Baggie