Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A streak runner?
09-12-2012, 09:45 PM,
RE: A streak runner?
It's great to be able to go for a run again. On Friday afternoon, I walked a little before starting to run for two minutes. Then, I did two minutes´s walk. In all, I did 24 minutes, 12 jogging and 12 walking. I did a lot of stretching before and after the run. I wore a pair of calf protectors to avoid an injury.

On Saturday morning, I went along the beach by the sea front in Almería. I did 8 minutes running, two minutes walking, nine minutes running. Then, I did some streching and came back along the beach and the splanade running for 21 minutes. Then, I did some streching. It was a wonderful sunny day. If I had had more time, I would have gone for a swim.

This morning, I did a short bicycle ride as an excuse to buy some "churros" to have for breakfast.

I'm looking forward to going for another run tomorrow.

10-12-2012, 07:24 AM,
Back on the road! Great news.

And the phrase "I'm looking forward to going for another run tomorrow" shows how keen you are to resume.
10-12-2012, 11:38 AM,
(09-12-2012, 09:45 PM)anlu247 Wrote: This morning, I did a short bicycle ride as an excuse to buy some "churros" to have for breakfast.

Am liking this a lot. Really I am. We don't have anything like that here.

After a morning run (or bike ride) it must be fabulous to retire to a nice little bar and eat churros and drink coffee (maybe with a grappa chaser?) and chill out for the rest of the morning.

Sigh.

Now I have to move to both Switzerland and Spain.

Damn. Decisions, decisions!
Run. Just run.
29-12-2012, 12:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 30-12-2012, 07:19 PM by Sweder.)
Gracias, amigos. In December I’ve felt better managing to train a few more days and taking part in the traditional subida a los Baños de Sierra Alhamilla. Although this year organased by Pechina’s local council and the diputación provincial.

On Sunday 23rd December I took part in the race from Pechina to Baños de Sierra Alhamilla. This year the local council has organised it. You could do it hiking, running or on mountain bike. It was a beautiful sunny morning. This year it was along a path recently signalled instead of the course we used to do along the road on the way up and along the dirt track on the way down. I went in Felipe’s car with Felipe and Antonio G. When we got to this small town near Almería there were many runners around. I met Manuel, who used to organise this race informally for the last seven years. At 10:30 we left from the town hall square to reach the path that took us to the Baños de Alhamilla. On the way up we met the hikers coming down. They were waiting for us in a hill where some steps have been put. They cheered us a lot. The last kilometre has a very steep hill, apparently 20%, which makes you have to walk a little. When we got to that oasis in the desert we had to go behind the spa hotel to go down along the same path. When I was going down, I met Antonio going up but soon he reached me to go down to the town. We met Felipe who had taken the wrong path, the one for the mountain bikes, and had lost some minutes although he arrived before us. Although I felt all right without any pain in my thighs or knees, I couldn’t keep Antonio’s pace and he beat me getting to the finish about 30 seconds before me. It took me one hour forty-seven minutes. According to the organisation the course was 14 km long but I think it was a bit longer.

At the finish we were given a T-shirt, a bag to keep trainers, fruit, water, etc.

After this race I’ve been for a run a couple of days feeling well. So, I expect to take part at San Silvestre race in my local town tomorrow. In spite of the big meals at Christmas, the mantecados, turrón ( nougat ), etc I’m managing to keep my pace more or less steady.

As this year is getting over, I wish you all a very happy year 2013.

YTD: 1249 km

Weight : 81,2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

30-12-2012, 07:19 PM,
Well done Antonio, and Happy New Year to you too.
I really would like to take part in subida a los Baños de Sierra Alhamilla one year. It sounds like a nice friendly event. See you soon!

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

31-12-2012, 01:54 PM,
Gracias, S. It'd be great to have you here doing the subida a los baños de Sierra Alhamilla one year. I'm sure you'd enjoy the race.

Looking forward to meeting you all in just 27 days.