Its been a while....
16-08-2012, 11:26 PM,
Its been a while....
Im not sure if anyone here will remember me but i used to come on here when I first started running.... my blog might jog some memories (or not! ha!) http://roadtodublinmarathon2007.blogspot...chive.html

well that was the old one lol
A lot has happened and i gave up running for a while but im now back into the swing of things and running faster than ever! Big Grin I finished the British 10K my first proper event since Dublin this year in 1:12:09. I never thought I would hear myself say this but I think in time with correct training and without having the flu in the build up to the event I have a sub 60min 10k in me! Im now training for the Great South Run and so i have revived the little blog I started when I had finished preparing for Dublin and that can be found here: http://runningafterdublin2007.blogspot.co.uk/

Yea... so I thought I would stop by, say hi and see if anyone actually remembers little old me! haha Big Grin
17-08-2012, 02:17 AM,
RE: Its been a while....
Wow, welcome back Liz, great to have you on board again! Tell us more about what you've been doing over the last few years!
Run. Just run.
17-08-2012, 10:33 AM,
(16-08-2012, 11:26 PM)lizoconnortalk21 Wrote: Yea... so I thought I would stop by, say hi and see if anyone actually remembers little old me! haha Big Grin

A warm welcome back, Liz Big Grin
Great to hear you're not only back but hunting PBs.

We're pretty much the same bunch, although Nigel is off on his own interweb journey these days. Looking forward to hearing more about your training and forthcoming events.

Andy organised a trip to Connermara in 2010 for the fabled Connemarathon. More on that here ...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

17-08-2012, 08:40 PM,
thanks for warm welcome Big Grin wasnt sure if anyone would remember me haha

what have i been up to? Well i had another baby- he was born the night before my graduation (I got a 2:1 in theology) and I still attended graduation Big Grin

I took a year out of studying to spend time with my family as i was pretty low after me and chris split up (he was having an affair and i found out the same day i found out i was pregnant -they are now married)

I started teacher training but quit 16wks before qualifying for various reasons including health. I love it and I was good at it but it just wasnt for me as it was taking over almost every aspect of my life

i got back in touch with a guy from school and we built a very close friendship, he then moved away for work and we tried making a relationship work but for many reasons it didnt work (that was last summer)

at that point I took a long hard look at my life and set about changing many things about it. infact if im honest it was a complete overhaul. i started going to watch my ex play football and got close to the team, my eldest started playing football then we both joined a hockey club, i went back to running, I upped my gym attendance to 6x a week with running hockey and boxing on top of this and the shocking 6.5 stone I had shamefully put on since dublin fell off over the year, and then one day smack bang in the middle of my "im-almost-30-have-majoryly-screwed-up-my-life-so-far-how-do-i-get-it-back-and-what-do-i-want-to-do-with-it" moment I saw a sign- an apocraphal and prophetic, symobolic, metaphoric and literal sign-on the back of the toilet door at the gym.
It was advertising a course in sports massage....

I am now a qualified sports therapist and i am a volunteer physio/first aider for my ex bfs football team (our friendship all but imploded after we broke up but we are both professional about my role with the team) and I am enjoying life in a way i never did before.

a lot to cram in 5 years BUT then I am the sort of girl who will wake up one april morning never doing anything remotely physical and say I am going to do a marathon this october..... And do it ; )

Smile x
18-08-2012, 12:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 18-08-2012, 12:44 AM by Sweder.)
Crikey, you've lived a whole life since you were last here. Good on you for sorting things out. Sports physio? Excellent! I have this horrible, niggling twinge in my calf ... come to think of it, that was there five years ago, too.

I guess the obvious question is ... what's on the running horizon?
Any races in mind?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

18-08-2012, 02:02 AM,
Indeed, yes, that's a lot of living in the space of a few years, but good on you for sifting through it all and getting it sorted.

And yeah, what lies on the running horizon for you?
Run. Just run.