Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Objectives: Under two hours and under eighty kilos
24-09-2011, 12:52 PM,
RE: Objectives: Under two hours and under eighty kilos
(23-09-2011, 06:26 PM)El Gordo Wrote: Great consistency, Antonio. It's very heartening to see people like you and MLCM, who have had down periods from injury, blossoming again. It gives me encouragement too, for which I thank you.

It reminds me of the main reason for creating a forum, back in 2003. It was the belief that people and their stories (or their "journies" to use the modern shorthand), are as important as all the technical stuff -- the training schedules, methods, the equipment, and the rest of it.

Are you still planning on 'doing Granada' in November? If you put in a good performance there, and manage to maintain your enthusiasm and training regime through to January, I can see your sub-2 target being well within reach. I aim to be there to see it, in any case.

I really thank you,EG, for encouraging me and also for creating this website and inspire us with your wonderful pieces of writing to go on training and trying to reach our aims. Besides, it is fantastic to read so many interesting reports on races, training from other members of this club, which also helps me to go for a run.

I haven´t entered Granada yet. It will depend on how I feel by the end of October.

I hope you can take part in Almería half or 10 km race feeling free of that terrible injury. I wish I could do the half under two hours but if I can´t, I´ll be glad if I can finish my 11th consecutive Almería half marathon. I´ve been very luck not to be injured on that date for so many years.

Best of luck, EG. You deserve to be able to run again in a regular way.

Saludos desde Almería

Antonio

Messages In This Thread
RE: Objectives: Under two hours and under eighty kilos - by Antonio247 - 24-09-2011, 12:52 PM