Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I talk about when I talk about swimming
12-08-2011, 09:02 PM,
RE: What I talk about when I talk about swimming
Another arduous kilometer logged this week. Once a week isn't really enough to improve, but it's hard for me to get to the pool more often than that. Running is so much simpler...

Still consistent at 27 strokes per length. But my multi-tasking skills are being stretched. I can't count strokes, remember when to breathe, and count kicks, at the same time. Something always falls by the wayside (often breathing, unfortunately). I think taking up jazz percussion might be simpler. After a while I stopped counting the strokes per length and started looking at what my hands do under the water. Not sure if it's right or not, but that's the next area of focus.

40 lengths seemed to take even longer this time. More stopping and thinking time perhaps. Still, it's not about speed, but efficiency, at this stage.

Also discovered that my breast stroke is just as terrible as my crawl. Luke (8) challenged me to a race in a 9m pool this week, him backstroke and me breast. I just about scraped a dead heat.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What I talk about when I talk about swimming - by marathondan - 12-08-2011, 09:02 PM