Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almería half marathon 2009
26-01-2009, 10:42 PM,
Hi all, just in a blind panic!!
Has anyone else had messages from the race people?
mine is in Spanish, have tryed Babel fish no luckEek
its gobbledygibberyish:o

By the way i eat everything! thats if i get there!!Confused
GB
26-01-2009, 11:04 PM,
Tranquilo Gillybean . . . the race message was all about arrangements for picking up race numbers and where spectators can get the best view of the runners (and some other stuff about how many people are taking part and, er, stuff) - it's all generic information and you don't have to reply to it or anything.

We'll get you there - just make sure you've got a ride to the airport before sunrise on Saturday, your passport and your running shoes. They're the minimum requirements Wink

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

27-01-2009, 05:08 AM,
Gillybean831 Wrote:Hi all, just in a blind panic!!
Has anyone else had messages from the race people?
mine is in Spanish, have tryed Babel fish no luckEek
its gobbledygibberyish:o

By the way i eat everything! thats if i get there!!Confused
GB

As Sweder, who is becoming an expert in the Spanish language, says , you needn´t worry, G.

ÚLTIMA HORA Y NOVEDADES:

* Se amplía el plazo de inscripción (con cuotas de dentro de plazo) hasta el martes 27 de enero.

* Este año a día de hoy sobrepasamos ya los 1.700 inscritos.

* En esta edición vamos a contar con las siguientes novedades:
• Retransmisión de la prueba a través de Interalmería TV, tanto al video-marcador del Estadio, como a todos
los hogares de los almerienses.
• Ambientación del recorrido con música y regalos en varios puntos importantes del mismo.
• Suplemento Especial con una tirada de 20.000 ejemplares que se distribuirá con el periódico del sábado 31/01 y específicamente para los participantes en los actos que se realizarán de 16 a 21 horas en el Hotel Tryp Indalo.
• Colaboración con ALCER en la difusión de su objetos social y la captación de donantes.

Puntos estratégicos donde ver el recorrido.

LAST MINUTE INFORMATION

- Cheaper entry has been extended until Tuesday 27th January ( today ).

- There have been more than 1700 entries so far.

- Race broadcast at Interalmería TV, both at the screen at the stadium and at the Almerían TV sets.

- Music and presents at several important points in the race course.

- Special supplement in a local newspaper ( 20,000 copies ) that will be handed out on Saturday 31st January and to the participants at the activities held at Hotel Tryp Indalo from 4 pm to 9 pm.

_ Collaboration with ALCER ( association that fosters the donation of organs ) in order to inform about their social aims and get new donors.

Strategic places where to watch the event

This is a quick translation I´ve tried to do. I hope you understand it.

27-01-2009, 09:49 AM,
Hey People did anyone pick up on Antonio's e-mail saying the temp was 24 ! Thats beach weather in my book.

Am I right in assuming that we are near the coast ? if so,is it possible to visit the beach ? I have a picture of us -resplendant in our RC vests and assortment of shorts parading for the senors and senoritas -it would be a shame to go such a long way and deny them such a treat.
view anyone ?Smile
27-01-2009, 09:56 AM,
A few things to think about this week . . .

To confirm we have two minibuses booked from Murcia airport for Saturday morning. These will carry our traveling party plus baggage. Based on 16 of us the cost for this per capita, including filling up with fuel before we return, will be appx GBP 34.50 per person. At current rates that's virtually the same in Euros - I'm sure either currency will be acceptable.

I've booked one vehice and Ladyrunner the other.
Please plan on bringing cash with you to cover your seat (as it were) and whichever bus you end up on, pay the driver when we board at Murcia so that's taken care of.

There is provision for four named drivers at no extra charge - we can have more but we have to pay extra for them. Myself and Ladyrunner are obviously the two currently named. EG mentioned he would be happy to drive - Mrs S was going to offer but it's looking less likely that she'll be joining us so there's an open slot. If you wish to drive please bring your drivers licence. I'm not sure if the full A4 paper version is needed as well as the plastic licence - I hope not as I can't find mine at the moment :o

The hotel rooms at Tryp Indalo are reserved by Antonio - no money has yet changed hands. When we check in we will do so in room groups; reception will require a credit card to guarantee room and incidental charges at that time.

Electrical Adaptor
If you're taking a mobile phone + charger (or hairdryer, curling tongs or other electrical apparatus) remember to bring a two-pin adaptor. If you don't have one they can be purchased at Dixons once we're through security.

Hand luggage on board - there are strict controls on liquids and creams in hand luggage - maximum 100 mls any one bottle, and these must be placed into a transparent plastic bag and be removed at time of security check. Any sharp objects on your person or in hand luggage will be removed and destroyed at security (put anything like this in checked luggage).

Passport. Running Shoes.
Anything else is optional.
Questions?

27-01-2009, 11:05 AM,
Gary christie Wrote:Hey People did anyone pick up on Antonio's e-mail saying the temp was 24 ! Thats beach weather in my book.

Am I right in assuming that we are near the coast ? if so,is it possible to visit the beach ? I have a picture of us -resplendant in our RC vests and assortment of shorts parading for the senors and senoritas -it would be a shame to go such a long way and deny them such a treat.
view anyone ?Smile

Hi Gary, yes Almeria has a vast sandy beach and we'll be very close. If you're feeling brave bring your cossie. Eek
27-01-2009, 01:08 PM,
Beware of the Almeria beach....

Attached Files Image(s)

El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
27-01-2009, 01:12 PM,
Aye, I'll volunteer as a named driver as there's no extra cost.

Does anyone have a SatNav with European maps? Mine does only UK and Ireland. If we could rustle up a couple, even better.
El Gordo

27-01-2009, 03:35 PM,
Gary christie Wrote:Hey People did anyone pick up on Antonio's e-mail saying the temp was 24 ! Thats beach weather in my book.

view anyone ?Smile

Although the temperatures are quite mild this week, on Sunday it may rain.

If you want to see the sea a lot, you could come along the coast from San Javier to Cartagena, Mazarrón, Águilas, Garrucha, Mojácar, Carboneras to get to Almería. The road is not as good as the motorway but the views are much better. It is also slower but it is very relaxing to travel with the sea on your left for a long time. Having breakfast or a drink and some beers by the sea can be really nice.

On the way back, you could take the motorway to Vera, Lorca, Alhama de Murcia to get to San Javier.

As SP says there is a beach here in Almería with the sea front but it isn´t dangerous as EG could make us believe.Wink

27-01-2009, 11:08 PM,
El Gordo Wrote:Does anyone have a SatNav with European maps? Mine does only UK and Ireland. If we could rustle up a couple, even better.
I'll bring my Tom Tom - used it to great effect in Barcelona last year.
Rain on Sunday? Actually I wouldn't mind that at all - at least it would be a little more like our (UK) training conditions . . .

27-01-2009, 11:18 PM,
Sweder -- or anyone else driving up from the south.....

Any chance of a lift from Crawley to Gatwick on Saturday morning? Was just thinking that I could leave my car at M's parents, and avoid paying for airport parking if someone is passing close by.
El Gordo

27-01-2009, 11:38 PM,
I'm picking up SP + 1 in Crawley and looks like there's room for one more so no problem EG. I'll just need postcodes (via e-mail or PM) and - gulp - a time to meet Eek

27-01-2009, 11:55 PM,
Great -- thanks mate. Will mail you with the details.

At least the flight is about half an hour later this year, though that gain is lost by me probably having to drive down from Berkshire that morning.
El Gordo

28-01-2009, 04:55 PM,
All this talk about the weekend is making me very envious. Wish I was going as well. I'll be thinking of you at Molly's and the bull-fighter's bar...maybe have to have a Guinness myself on SundayBig Grin and have a toast to you all.

Have fun, enjoy the race and take lots of photos!

Suzie
28-01-2009, 09:24 PM,
Gracias, Suzie.

It´s a pity you can´t come so I could take my revenge and try to beat you this year.

How are you doing with your training for London marathon?

We´ll miss you a lot.

Saludos desde Almería

29-01-2009, 11:53 AM,
. . . the RC vests and shirts! They've arrived . . . and they look great Big Grin

We'll sort out confirmed orders, payments and mail-outs after Almeria - RC Armada squad, I'll bring yours to the airport on Saturday.

29-01-2009, 12:01 PM,
Sweder Wrote:. . . the RC vests and shirts! They've arrived . . . and they look great Big Grin

Yay!
Run. Just run.
29-01-2009, 12:13 PM,
Sweder Wrote:. . . the RC vests and shirts! They've arrived . . . and they look great Big Grin

We'll sort out confirmed orders, payments and mail-outs after Almeria - RC Armada squad, I'll bring yours to the airport on Saturday.

Come on, I need a photo.

Several photos.... back, front, sideways.....
El Gordo

29-01-2009, 12:49 PM,
Sorry mate, no camera at the office . . .

29-01-2009, 12:51 PM,
Sweder Wrote:Sorry mate, no camera at the office . . .

Mobile phone camera?? Come on mate, the suspense is killing us!
Run. Just run.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Brighton Marathon entry 2011 stillwaddler 31 34,839 14-08-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Antonio247
  Medio Maraton XXI Almeria 2018 Sweder 19 4,587 13-12-2017, 06:56 PM
  XX Medio maratón de Almería 20th Almería half marathon Antonio247 96 58,642 07-02-2017, 02:52 PM
  Brighton Half Seanmacrook 0 1,243 10-12-2015, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Seanmacrook
  Almería half marathon 2014 Antonio247 43 28,041 31-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  Almeria Medio Maraton (merged threads) ladyrunner 174 147,326 26-01-2013, 11:06 AM
  London Marathon 2014 El Gordo 5 9,506 28-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Bierzo Baggie
  A trip to Holland plus Rotterdam Marathon ladyrunner 8 10,636 08-04-2011, 07:29 AM
Last Post: ladyrunner
  Amsterdam Marathon Oct 10 ladyrunner 13 15,684 15-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Bierzo Baggie
  Virgin London Marathon 2011 marathondan 12 14,248 29-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Last Post: stillwaddler