Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Point to Pinnacle - it begins!
25-02-2011, 08:14 PM,
RE: Point to Pinnacle - it begins!
Your signature is looking increasingly impressive, MLCM, great stuff. A 10K followed up by a half mara 6 weeks later sounds like a very good plan (don't forget to allow a week's recovery after the 10K). As others have noted, go easy on the hills to start with.
27-02-2011, 12:29 PM,
(25-02-2011, 08:14 PM)marathondan Wrote: Your signature is looking increasingly impressive, MLCM, great stuff. A 10K followed up by a half mara 6 weeks later sounds like a very good plan (don't forget to allow a week's recovery after the 10K). As others have noted, go easy on the hills to start with.

Cheers Dan. I will go easy to start with, don't you worry. Two weeks into the training and still my long run is only out to 7km, and the hills are modest by any standard. A good gentle start to the campaign - 2 weeks, 6 runs, 30 kilometres, 0 injuries. Smile

Actually, to be honest a late burst of hot, humid summer weather has curtailed any ideas I may have had of ramping it up anyway. Most days it has been around 30C and humid with it, which has seen me resort to running on the treadmill with a fan on full blast to make it tolerable. Running the streets has been a ridiculous prospect. The heat I don't mind, but this humidity is just draining. I still haven't got used to it, despite this being my third Sydney summer.

None the less, a reasonable start to running down some race goals this year.

A couple of days in the mountains this week should see a few more hills under the belt with some relief from the humidity making the prospect of a couple of decent trail runs much more manageable.

Stay tuned, viewers.
Run. Just run.
02-03-2011, 12:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2011, 12:52 PM by Sweder.)
Keep it up OM. I find the emergence of Rcers at this time of year as heartening as the watery spring sunshine that met me on the downs this morning.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2013 Point To Pinnacle Race Report Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 16 6,963 02-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  September 2011 - The Fear Begins. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 18 10,551 19-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Last Post: suzieq