Anyone from the Almeria Area?
08-12-2010, 10:13 PM,
Anyone from the Almeria Area?
Hola everyone
I'm new to this site and new to running.
Over the last 6 months I've managed to build up my runs to 10/11km.
I live in a little village "Instincion" which is about 45 minutes from Almeria.
I would really like to meet other local runners and find out about local runs and if there's a local running club.
I have read some of the old threads on here that mention places close to me.
Looking forward to hearing from some of you or anyone who knows someone from Almeria.
thanks
Heather Smile
08-12-2010, 10:51 PM,
RE: Anyone from the Almeria Area?
Hello, Heather

Welcome to this friendly website.

I am from Almería. My name is Antonio.

There are some local races you can take part in. For instance, next Sunday there is a 10 km race in Adra but probably I won´t be able to take part in it.

On Saturday 23rd December at 10:30 am, a group of friends organise an informal pre Christmas race in Pechina. We go up along the road to Baños de Sierra Alhamilla and then go down along a "rambla", a sort of dry river, to the little town. After that, we have some drinks and "tapas" in a local bar. On Sunday 26th there is a San Silvestre race in Almería. It is short, just 6 km and the atmosphere is fantastic. I´ve already entered it.

On 30th January it is Almeria half marathon and 10 km fun run. Since 2005 some mates from this forum have come to take part in it. They´ve come from the UK, Canada, Madrid. This year, some people from the area of Brighton and another mate from the area of Manchester are coming.

On 7th March, there is a very picturesque hike or run mainly along dirt tracks from Rodalquilar to San José.

It would be great if you could come to any of these races so that we could meet.

You can get more information on these Spanish websites.

WWW.todofondo.com

WWW.aqueatacamos.com

WWW.carreraspopulares.com

Best of luck!

Saludos desde Almería

Antonio

PS. You can send me a PM or an e-mail if you need any more information or would like us to meet.

(08-12-2010, 10:13 PM)Heather 55 Wrote: Hola everyone
I'm new to this site and new to running.
Over the last 6 months I've managed to build up my runs to 10/11km.
I live in a little village "Instincion" which is about 45 minutes from Almeria.
I would really like to meet other local runners and find out about local runs and if there's a local running club.
I have read some of the old threads on here that mention places close to me.
Looking forward to hearing from some of you or anyone who knows someone from Almeria.
thanks
Heather Smile

08-12-2010, 10:59 PM,
Hi Heather. Almerias's a long way from El Bierzo but if you want to know about any races in León, Asturias or Galicia ...let me know.

Welcome to RC, a small, friendly place full of wisdom, common sense running advice and ...beer.
09-12-2010, 06:32 AM,
Hola Heather

Welcome to Planet RC. The population is not too large here but we seem to be able to keep going.

Antonio has already responded. He is the great sage of Almeria, and will be able to help you with information.

Hope you stick around

Andy
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
09-12-2010, 01:07 PM,
Hello Heather

Welcome to RC from a fellow member in Brighton, UK. It's good to see a new face on here and it doesn't matter if that you are new to running - we have all types of runners on here.

A few of us will be travelling over on the Saturday 30th January for the Almeria Half/10K and leaving on Tuesday. You will be more than welcome to meet up with us. I see that Antonio has already replied to you about some other races near almeria - he is the best one to answer your questions.

Hopefully we will be meeting up with another lady during the weekend of Almeria Half/10km, a friend from Brighton who is buying an apartment in the mountains about an hour away from near Almeria.

Julie Big Grin
Almeria Half Marathon 2017
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Almería Half Marathon, 28 Jan 2007 El Gordo 139 114,244 01-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  Help ! Running clubs in the Vera, Huercal, Garrucha Mojacar area PhilD 1 13,299 28-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Antonio247
  Thankyou from Almeria Heather 55 1 5,768 10-12-2010, 02:38 PM
  Almería half marathon. 29th January 2006 El Gordo 113 84,163 09-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Sweder
  Well done to the RC Almeria Entrants stillwaddler 8 2,745 17-02-2005, 05:04 PM
Last Post: stillwaddler
  Almería half marathon Antonio247 3 7,172 17-12-2003, 03:19 PM
  Hello from Almería, Spain Antonio247 14 5,661 29-10-2003, 11:27 PM
Last Post: El Gordo