Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almeria Medio Maraton (merged threads)
02-10-2011, 04:08 PM,
RE: Almeria Medio Maraton 2012

I really wish I could be there too, but January is just such a bad time for us antipodeans to be travelling up there. But at least know that if I can run sub-2 then you can too. Go for it!
[/quote]

It´s a pity you can´t come next year either. Perhaps you could go to the UK or Switzerland so that we all could meet you, MLCM.

Gracias for your encouragement. I´ll do all I can to do a sub two hour this season.

Saludos desde Almería.

02-10-2011, 04:28 PM,
I've booked my flight to Almeria and so has Cam. I need to catch up with Simon (tall fella not Mr Ho) and see if he wants to come again. I am guessing that he will as he thoroughly enjoyed the trip last year.

If we are flying to Almeria, therefore not having a hire car, I would like to stay somewhere more central. Somewhere close to La Rambla would be good for the evening activities. It does mean we will have slightly further to jog/walk to get to the race start. Easyjet have some cheap central hotels on their website.

I can't wait to go to that Rock Bar again. I have a photo somewhere of the street name so we should be able to find it.

Julie Smile
Almeria Half Marathon 2017
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
02-10-2011, 08:22 PM,
(02-10-2011, 04:28 PM)ladyrunner Wrote: I've booked my flight to Almeria and so has Cam. I need to catch up with Simon (tall fella not Mr Ho) and see if he wants to come again. I am guessing that he will as he thoroughly enjoyed the trip last year.

If we are flying to Almeria, therefore not having a hire car, I would like to stay somewhere more central. Somewhere close to La Rambla would be good for the evening activities. It does mean we will have slightly further to jog/walk to get to the race start. Easyjet have some cheap central hotels on their website.

I can't wait to go to that Rock Bar again. I have a photo somewhere of the street name so we should be able to find it.

Julie Smile

I¨m so glad that you and Cam are coming again this year, J. It would be great if both Simons could come as well.

The city centre is around 3 km away from the stadium.

If I had to choose a hotel near the city centre, I´d choose NH Almería.

http://www.nh-hoteles.es/nh/es/hoteles/e...meria.html

It is just opposite the intermodal station, near the city centre and near the sea front. It is good value.

Saludos desde Almería

02-10-2011, 08:28 PM,
(02-10-2011, 04:28 PM)ladyrunner Wrote: I need to catch up with Simon (tall fella not Mr Ho) and see if he wants to come again. I am guessing that he will as he thoroughly enjoyed the trip last year.

I saw him today at the Lewes Downland 10. He was wearing his Almeria finisher's shirt. Same old Simon. Told him we were heading back and he smiled but didn't say if he'd be joining us or not. He looked fit and well.

(02-10-2011, 04:28 PM)ladyrunner Wrote: I can't wait to go to that Rock Bar again. I have a photo somewhere of the street name so we should be able to find it.

Yes I'd like to head back there too - that was a crazy little place.
As for hotels I'd be happy to be centrally located. That works very well for Sunday afternoon/ evening and Monday night. The only challenge we'd have is getting to the start line on Sunday morning (and home again after the race). Personally I'd be happy to walk/ jog it - it's only a mile or two. Good warm-up. Anyone who doesn't like that idea can pile into a cab.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

04-10-2011, 07:10 PM,
Rock Bar....

Rock Bar....

Rock Bar....?

Do I know the Rock Bar? Sounds kinda familiar, but I might be thinking of... some other.... Rock Bar....

Huh

I'm also happy with a town centre hotel. I like the Tryp Indalo, and it's great value, but it is a bit stranded. Let's try somewhere else.

As for the wager referred to by the great Sweder... yes. Yes, quite so.

I unwisely allowed myself to be goaded and bullied into promising to enter the Zurich Marathon, should Wealdstone lose to Lewes on Saturday. In a scene reminiscent of the closing scenes of The Sting, Sweder fabricated a commentary on the game using Twitter -- the modern day version of Paul Newman's ticker tape. His bogus scenario even had the Stones fluffing an injury time penalty, just to deepen my anguish.

However, I remain too much of a gentleman to question his behaviour, and so I lose the bet.

Which means I'm apparently shooting for Zurich in April. At this point it seems like a pretty ludicrous idea as I don't think my lower limbs will take it, but damn it, let's see how far I get. First target is Almeria, and if do I manage to get that far, I guess I can string it along a bit further. But that's a pretty big "if" at this point. Let's see.

But yes, indeed "yay" to Almeria.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
04-10-2011, 10:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-10-2011, 10:27 PM by Sweder.)
The Rock Bar (Vertice) was a 2011 feature, a spiky, nefarious little Hoodie of a club tucked away in one of Almeria's tight arterial alleyways (calle Eduardo Perez). I think Ladyrunner has some photos (as indeed may I) but decorum and the general air of family friendliness here at RC prohibits their publication.

We're going back.

12-12-2011, 09:02 AM,
RE: Almeria 2011
Hi Ladyrunner please can you help me.I can't find the entry for the Half Marathon 2012.I need to enter today before I leave to come back to the Uk tomorrow.
MsilvSmile
12-12-2011, 09:06 AM,
Hey Msilv, hope you're well. I haven't entered yet either because ... I couldn't find the race entry portal.
I'll have a look this morning and post a link if I find one.

12-12-2011, 09:11 AM,
(12-12-2011, 09:02 AM)msilv Wrote: Hi Ladyrunner please can you help me.I can't find the entry for the Half Marathon 2012.I need to enter today before I leave to come back to the Uk tomorrow.
MsilvSmile

12-12-2011, 09:12 AM,
thank you
12-12-2011, 10:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-12-2011, 10:23 AM by Sweder.)
Haven't found it yet but I'd love to do this one, if only to get a poster.

[Image: MCAlquian12.jpg]

I think this is the problem Msilv - they haven't opened it yet.

12-12-2011, 11:02 AM,
Thank you Sweder that would explain a lot.
I have booked my return flight back to Almeria for the 28th Jan.I think this is the same flight as others.
Only in Brighton for this wed 14th but will see you in Jan.
Would be lovely if you all wanted to come to see my village and maybe do the 10k their.
msilv
12-12-2011, 11:09 AM,
(12-12-2011, 11:02 AM)msilv Wrote: Would be lovely if you all wanted to come to see my village and maybe do the 10k
msilv

When's the 10K? I'm thinking of doing a couple of Spanish races next year. - seeking motivation to increase (start) training & losing a little lard.

12-12-2011, 07:20 PM,
(12-12-2011, 09:02 AM)msilv Wrote: Hi Ladyrunner please can you help me.I can't find the entry for the Half Marathon 2012.I need to enter today before I leave to come back to the Uk tomorrow.
MsilvSmile

Hola, Msilv

Entires aren´t opened yet. Here in Almería they take it too easy. Anyway, you can enter via internet anywhere.

Looking forward to meeting you here next year. Have a good time in the UK.

Sweder, I´ll try to get the poster for you.

Saludos desde Almería

Antonio

25-12-2011, 03:01 PM,
Entries are already open. If I can help you in anything, just tell me.

http://www.mediomaratonalmeria.com/

You can enter either the half marathon or the 9 km fun race.

Entries are done under Información general inscripciones

FELIZ NAVIDAD HAPPY CHRISTMAS

25-12-2011, 04:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 25-12-2011, 05:00 PM by El Gordo.)
RE: Almeria Medio Maraton (merged threads)
First of all, I've merged the 2012 and 2011 Almeria threads, as they were beginning to overlap.

I've now booked my flight from Zurich to Almeria via Madrid. I'll be getting to Almeria on the Friday this time, and returning on the Tuesday after the race.

I'm aiming for the half marathon, but a lot depends on how things go between now and then. It won't be a lack of resolve -- just depends on whether I can avoid recurrence of injury. Am taking things pretty slowly and steadily at the moment, and making decent progress. If things continue on the same trajectory I should be in line for a stately half.

More important is accommodation. We had some earlier discussion when I think the conclusion was that a move into the town centre would be good.

I'm on a painfully slow connection at the moment so I can't follow up Antonio's earlier shortlist of hotels. I'll do a bit of research over the next day or two, if no one beats me to it.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
27-12-2011, 10:48 PM,
I hope that everyone had a good Christmas.

I've entered the race online and ordered a choice of t-shirt. I've gone for a long sleeve option again. Something to train in during the winter.

Hopefully we can get a good deal on a hotel room. Last year I think that we got a twin room for about 40 euros with breakfast and extra 7 or 8 euros.

Looking forward to the trip,

Julie Smile
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
28-12-2011, 10:24 PM,
Looking forward to meeting you all.

In the city centre there are several options:

Citimar Gran hotel, Hotel Costasol ( very near Molly Malone ), Hotel Nuevo Torreluz, etc.

Happy new year! ¡Feliz año nuevo!

28-12-2011, 10:41 PM,
Thanks Antonio. Let's surf and each come up with a top three. The most common/ highest ranked will be the one we go for.
Democracy in action! Hooray!

29-12-2011, 02:26 PM,
(28-12-2011, 10:24 PM)anlu247 Wrote: In the city centre there are several options:

Citimar Gran hotel, Hotel Costasol ( very near Molly Malone ), Hotel Nuevo Torreluz, etc.

I had a search on the Easyjet website and Hotel Costasol is £37.53 per night for a single or double room. The location looks good. This Hotel has its own website and booking costs Euros 45.00 per night for room of Euros 58.00 for room plus breakfast for two, or Euros 51 for room plus breakfast for one. http://www.hotelcostasol.com/en_index.html

Hotel Nuevo Torreluz looks abit further out of town. It costs £45.97 for a double room, and the same for a single room.

Personally I would go for Hotel Costasol on location. It's going to be so much easier to meet up for dinner, go shopping and return late from the bars, but will be a long walk home after the Half Marathon!! Smile

Julie Big Grin

The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medio Maraton XXI Almeria 2018 Sweder 19 4,655 13-12-2017, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Antonio247
  XX Medio maratón de Almería 20th Almería half marathon Antonio247 96 58,771 07-02-2017, 02:52 PM
  Almería half marathon 2014 Antonio247 43 28,122 31-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  Almeria 2010 El Gordo 191 158,014 02-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Seafront Plodder
  Almería half marathon 2009 Antonio247 245 159,862 13-02-2009, 08:11 PM
  Almeria Half 2008 - last weekend in January El Gordo 93 66,826 01-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Last Post: El Gordo