Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot New Blues
17-11-2009, 02:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 18-11-2009, 12:22 AM by Sweder.)
Hot New Blues
I recently heard tell of a new Blues outfit making waves on the live music scene. Virgil & The Accelerators have attraced attention on their current pub tour, including the support of Joe Bonamassa (who knows a thing or two about world class blues guitar). Virgil just turned 18; sounds like he has a bright future ahead.

http://www.virgilandtheaccelerators.com/

On the metal front Phil Campbell's sons' band Straight Lines opened for Motorhead in Newport & Swindon last week. Their first album is on the market & going down very well with young rockers & old headbangers alike.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

17-11-2009, 08:31 PM,
RE: Hot New Blues
Good shout in both cases, old boy. There's some good stuff on their MySpaces. Virgil's Voodoo Chile is pretty remarkable. Straight Lines put me in mind of Ash. (The 90s alt-rockers, not you.)
18-11-2009, 12:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 18-11-2009, 01:40 AM by Sweder.)
Check the 8th November archive of the Rock & Blues Circus
http://www.varmintshow.net/index.php/spi...s/archives - 3 song set from V&theA amongst some fine company - including Oli Brown, Yes, ZZ Top .... and Motorhead Big Grin
Oh, and possibly the ultimate Spinal Tap DJ on air at the present time. A man I suspect one could never tire of hitting ...

For those unable to stand the incessant babble Virgil & the Accelerators feature at around 31 and 61 minutes of the 8th November show.

Below:
Straight Lines opening for Motorhead - Swindon 15.11.2009
Virgil & the Accelerators - debut EP out on 26.11.2009

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

18-11-2009, 05:37 PM,
Since we are on a musical theme, may I commend to you the latest offering at NCBI ROFL, in my opinion the next best thing on teh internets after Running Commentary
De Novo Cerebral Arteriovenous Malformation: Pink Floyd's Song "Brick in the Wall" as a Warning Sign
χαιρέτε νικὠμεν
Next race(s): 
In the lap of the gods

18-11-2009, 09:30 PM,
Very good, Tom. This kind of story makes one wonder how to get a job in such fields: "we dismembered two large pig carcasses with a small electric chainsaw in a controlled environment. These experiments demonstrated first that a large carcass could be easily dismembered by a small electric chainsaw."

Or maybe not: "The electrostatic potentials generated on penis and scrotum were also measured by electrostatic kilovoltameter... ...The polyester-containing pants generated electrostatic potentials while the other textiles did not."
20-11-2009, 09:37 AM,
(18-11-2009, 09:30 PM)marathondan Wrote: Very good, Tom. This kind of story makes one wonder how to get a job in such fields: "we dismembered two large pig carcasses with a small electric chainsaw in a controlled environment. These experiments demonstrated first that a large carcass could be easily dismembered by a small electric chainsaw."

Hahaha ... reminded me of the science dude on the Fast Show - piss take of the OU progs on BBC2. Excellent!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hot Fuzz Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 2 1,437 04-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man