Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almeria 2010
20-01-2010, 09:40 PM,
RE: Almeria 2010
I´ve tried to get breakfast included for you at Hotel Tryp Indalo for the same tariff due to the official hotel offer but it is not possible. I´ve just got free parking for your van at the hotel car park.

Saludos desde Almería

21-01-2010, 09:04 AM,
(20-01-2010, 04:58 PM)ladyrunner Wrote:
(20-01-2010, 01:50 PM)ladyrunner Wrote: VERY IMPORTANT::

Did you spot on the Aer Lingus email that we need to provide Advance Passenger Information if travelling to Spain??

Link here: http://www.aerlingus.com/cgi-bin/obel01i...ry_addapis

.... and click the 5th item - Provide Advance Passenger Information for travel to Spain.

Sweder and EG did you see this note from above??

Thanks LR, yes I did. I'll attend to the bureaucracy this weekend.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
21-01-2010, 09:11 AM,
(20-01-2010, 03:10 PM)anlu247 Wrote:
(20-01-2010, 01:50 PM)ladyrunner Wrote:
(20-01-2010, 09:13 AM)Sweder Wrote: The start will certainly be a lot slower (no bad thing for some).

Me thoughts too Ash - no setting a pb for the first 5k this year Smile

I believe that we are entering the stadium on the other side too.

As far as the Hotel goes I'm not bothered either way so long as we can get a triple room for the girls, or one of us can double up with somebody else so that we don't have to pay out for a single room.

VERY IMPORTANT::

Did you spot on the Aer Lingus email that we need to provide Advance Passenger Information if travelling to Spain??

.... and click the 5th item - Provide Advance Passenger Information for travel to Spain.

Yesterday I went for a run along the new course near the stadium and it is OK. The finish is getting into the stadium along the opposite gate in relation with the previous years´s gate.

Yesterday I phoned the official hotel, Vincci hotel, and they told me that Monday night was not included in the offer. The tariff was 60 € + 7% VAT only the room without breakfast. I was also told that the triple room was not considered in the offer.

Not sure what offer that is, Antonio. The hotel website seems to have standard double rooms available for 46 euros per night. Anyway, it doesn't matter. I think we are all agreed that we'll stick with Ye Olde Tryp for this year. Thanks for looking into it for us.
El Gordo

21-01-2010, 03:14 PM,
(21-01-2010, 09:11 AM)El Gordo Wrote:
(20-01-2010, 03:10 PM)anlu247 Wrote:
(20-01-2010, 01:50 PM)ladyrunner Wrote:
(20-01-2010, 09:13 AM)Sweder Wrote: The start will certainly be a lot slower (no bad thing for some).

Me thoughts too Ash - no setting a pb for the first 5k this year Smile

I believe that we are entering the stadium on the other side too.

As far as the Hotel goes I'm not bothered either way so long as we can get a triple room for the girls, or one of us can double up with somebody else so that we don't have to pay out for a single room.

VERY IMPORTANT::

Yesterday I went for a run along the new course near the stadium and it is OK. The finish is getting into the stadium along the opposite gate in relation with the previous years´s gate.

Yesterday I phoned the official hotel, Vincci hotel, and they told me that Monday night was not included in the offer. The tariff was 60 € + 7% VAT only the room without breakfast. I was also told that the triple room was not considered in the offer.

Not sure what offer that is, Antonio. The hotel website seems to have standard double rooms available for 46 euros per night. Anyway, it doesn't matter. I think we are all agreed that we'll stick with Ye Olde Tryp for this year. Thanks for looking into it for us.

I´m really sorry about that "offer". When I had a look at the hotel website a few months ago, the price was 2 euros lower but you had to pay for the room in advance, which is always a great risk. I´ve had a look today and you can book the three nights for only 35,23 € the night with taxes included but you have to pay for it in advance. The flexible tariff is 50,33 € taxes included. However, I haven´t found a triple room available. I think the Tryp hotel offer is very good for the triple or double room but not for the single room.

I feel uncomfortable about all this. I think they should have given you at least the flexible website tariff. So, feel free to book the official hotel if you like or book directly with the Tryp hotel.

Saludos desde Almería

21-01-2010, 05:40 PM,
Some more progess to report. I've just booked my car into Gatwick's long term carpark. £20 for the 3 nights. I can take 6 people - if Sweder and EG want to catch a lift let me know so that we can arrange departure time from LR's house.

So what is the decision about the hotel?? It seems from antonio's post above that we still need to book the Tryp Hotel if that is the one that we are going for.
Almeria Half Marathon 2017
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
21-01-2010, 06:19 PM,
(21-01-2010, 05:40 PM)ladyrunner Wrote: Some more progess to report. I've just booked my car into Gatwick's long term carpark. £20 for the 3 nights. I can take 6 people - if Sweder and EG want to catch a lift let me know so that we can arrange departure time from LR's house.

So what is the decision about the hotel?? It seems from antonio's post above that we still need to book the Tryp Hotel if that is the one that we are going for.

I'll be in Crawley on Friday night/Sat morning, and usually get a taxi to the airport from there. It would be handy to get a lift back to Crawley on the Tuesday though, to pick up my car. But not essential.

Regarding the hotel, I was a bit confused by Antonio's mail, but I think he's saying that for the Tryp Indalo, the current web rate is cheaper than the one he'd been promised, so we should book it ourselves to get the cheaper rate. And it certainly is cheap: 35 euros without breakfast, 41.23 with breakfast (per night. standard room) -- as long as it's booked/paid in advance.

I don't see anything about a triple room. Is it possible it's not available because it is already reserved for you? Antonio -- sorry to trouble you again, but could you check if the triple room is reserved for Julie? And if so, what would be the web rate? If it's cheaper, she could pay for it in advance. Alternatively Julie you may want to consider getting a twin and a standard for the 3 of you, as the rate is so low.

Unless I hear anything to the contrary, I'm minded to go ahead and book/pay for my room at the Tryp. Will do so later this evening if I hear nothing more.
El Gordo

21-01-2010, 08:59 PM,
I have just been on the Tryp Indalo website. I don't seem to be able to book a triple room on the website.

Antonio please can you check if you can book us a triple room for 50 euros a night, that we pay for when we depart?? If this is possible I will get Simon to book his own single room at 35 euros.

Otherwise I will book 2xdouble rooms for me, Tracy, Marian and Simon and we will have to sort out some sleeping arrangements!!

Julie Smile
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
21-01-2010, 09:00 PM,
(21-01-2010, 06:19 PM)El Gordo Wrote: It would be handy to get a lift back to Crawley on the Tuesday though, to pick up my car. But not essential.

This should be okay EG Smile
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
21-01-2010, 09:31 PM,
I'd be happy to buy a ticket on the Lady Runner Express - we could pick up EG too - but I'm mindful that might cause you to leave even earlier. Let me know Jules, and thanks again for the generous offer.

As for the Tryp looks like we're best off booking direct & paying up front. If all agreed I'll do the same.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

21-01-2010, 10:00 PM,
(21-01-2010, 09:31 PM)Sweder Wrote: I'd be happy to buy a ticket on the Lady Runner Express - we could pick up EG too - but I'm mindful that might cause you to leave even earlier. Let me know Jules, and thanks again for the generous offer.

As for the Tryp looks like we're best off booking direct & paying up front. If all agreed I'll do the same.

Aye.

Let's do it.
El Gordo

21-01-2010, 10:08 PM,
(21-01-2010, 08:59 PM)ladyrunner Wrote: I have just been on the Tryp Indalo website. I don't seem to be able to book a triple room on the website.

Antonio please can you check if you can book us a triple room for 50 euros a night, that we pay for when we depart?? If this is possible I will get Simon to book his own single room at 35 euros.

Otherwise I will book 2xdouble rooms for me, Tracy, Marian and Simon and we will have to sort out some sleeping arrangements!!

Julie Smile

I wrote an email this afternoon to the person in charge at the hotel explaining the situation but I haven´t got an answer yet. I´ve also tried to see if there was availabilty for a triple room but there was not in their website.

The triple room is prebooked as the three single rooms, which would be paid at the hotel depart on Tuesday. I just have to give him the guests´ names. If you decide to book the single room directly by paying in advance, you will get a better price but you risk losing all your money if you coudn´t come. However, the difference between booking through the website or through the person in charge at the hotel is just 3 euros a day. Besides, at least you´ve got free parking at the hotel car park.

Anyway, you can do whatever you like. If you decide to book this hotel through me, perhaps Sweder could send me the names to send them to the person in charge.

Regards

Antonio

21-01-2010, 10:49 PM,
(21-01-2010, 10:08 PM)anlu247 Wrote: The triple room is prebooked as the three single rooms, which would be paid at the hotel depart on Tuesday. I just have to give him the guests´ names. If you decide to book the single room directly by paying in advance, you will get a better price but you risk losing all your money if you coudn´t come. However, the difference between booking through the website or through the person in charge at the hotel is just 3 euros a day. Besides, at least you´ve got free parking at the hotel car park.

Anyway, you can do whatever you like. If you decide to book this hotel through me, perhaps Sweder could send me the names to send them to the person in charge.

Thank you Antonio for getting our triple room prebooked - it is much apprciatedSmile. The names of the guests in the triple room are:-
Julie Drake
Marian De Silver
Tracy King

It now looks like Sweder, EG and Simon Ho are going to book their rooms directly on the internet but please can you all confirm this on here or PM Sweder so that he can let Antonio know whether to cancel the 3xsingle rooms that he has already prebooked for us.

Sweder your seat is booked in the LR Express and I guess it's not too much of a detour to pick up EG in Crawley.

Julie Smile
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
21-01-2010, 11:39 PM,
That's kind of you Julie, but let's play it by ear. At that time in the morning, it might be best to get to the airport with as few delays as possible. Let's decide nearer the time.

Anyway, I've now booked and paid for my room. 113 euros without breakfast (I never eat on race day, and we'll be leaving too early to eat at the hotel on the Tuesday).
El Gordo

22-01-2010, 06:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 22-01-2010, 06:33 AM by Antonio247.)
Thank you Antonio for getting our triple room prebooked - it is much apprciatedSmile. The names of the guests in the triple room are:-
Julie Drake
Marian De Silver
Tracy King

It now looks like Sweder, EG and Simon Ho are going to book their rooms directly on the internet but please can you all confirm this on here or PM Sweder so that he can let Antonio know whether to cancel the 3xsingle rooms that he has already prebooked for us.

Sweder your seat is booked in the LR Express and I guess it's not too much of a detour to pick up EG in Crawley.

Julie Smile
[/quote]

Gracias, Julie. As soon as I know if I have to confirm other rooms, I´ll email the hotel.

22-01-2010, 07:44 AM,
(21-01-2010, 11:39 PM)El Gordo Wrote: That's kind of you Julie, but let's play it by ear. At that time in the morning, it might be best to get to the airport with as few delays as possible. Let's decide nearer the time.

EG if you PM me the postcode of where you want picking up I'll type it in to the sat nav as a detour and see what time difference it makes.

Julie Smile
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
22-01-2010, 10:47 AM,
Hi,

Just booked my hotel room online, glad I called Julie as the first website I went to quoted almost £2,000 a night!

Si
22-01-2010, 12:24 PM,
(22-01-2010, 10:47 AM)Simon Ho Wrote: Hi,

Just booked my hotel room online, glad I called Julie as the first website I went to quoted almost £2,000 a night!

Si

I think that's to share a room with Julie.....

Eyebrows
El Gordo

22-01-2010, 04:05 PM,
(22-01-2010, 12:24 PM)El Gordo Wrote:
(22-01-2010, 10:47 AM)Simon Ho Wrote: Hi, Just booked my hotel room online, glad I called Julie as the first website I went to quoted almost £2,000 a night!
Si

I think that's to share a room with Julie.....

Eyebrows

If that's my price a taxi service from Crawley to Gatwick is going to cost ...... atleast ........ £1,000 EG Big GrinBig Grin
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
22-01-2010, 07:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 22-01-2010, 08:18 PM by Antonio247.)
I´ve got an mail from the person in charge of bookings at the hotel and he apologises for not answering before due to the fact that he´s been in Seville and Málaga for work and he also apologises for the misunderstanding with the room price. He says that he´s given us the best price possible but due to markenting the chain gives some limited website offers for payment in advance or flexible rates, etc.

He says that after talking to his boss, he could offer the double room with single occupancy for 50 € + 7 % VAT with breakfast included, double room 55 € + VAT breakfast included and triple room for 60 € + VAT breakfast included. Besides, free parking at the hotel car park.

Have you also paid your room, Sweder?

Shall I tell him that you three prefer the triple room with no breakfast for 50 € or the triple room with breakfast for 60 €, Julie?

He´s also told me that he´d like to talk to all of you to explain the situation and excuse me.

Saludos

Antonio

22-01-2010, 08:12 PM,
(22-01-2010, 07:29 PM)anlu247 Wrote: Shall I tell him that you three prefer the triple room with no breakfast for 50 € or the triple room with breakfast for 60 €, Julie?

He´s also told me that he´d like to talk to all of you to explain the situation and excuse me.

Saludos

Antonio

Breakfast included please Antonio for 60 € a night. I can not go anywhere without eating first and definately can not run a half marathon without breakfast.

This is a very good price - thank you once again for your negotiations.

Julie Smile
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medio Maraton XXI Almeria 2018 Sweder 19 4,587 13-12-2017, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Antonio247
  XX Medio maratón de Almería 20th Almería half marathon Antonio247 96 58,643 07-02-2017, 02:52 PM
  Almería half marathon 2014 Antonio247 43 28,041 31-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  Almeria Medio Maraton (merged threads) ladyrunner 174 147,326 26-01-2013, 11:06 AM
  Connemarathon 2010 - All welcome El Gordo 125 106,079 15-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sweder
  Brighton 10K 2010 The Beast of Bevendean 1 5,292 29-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Last Post: petaral6
  Yellow Umbrella Day 2010 sports.coach 1 4,870 26-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Last Post: El Gordo
  2010 Brighton Marathon Sweder 46 43,258 28-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Last Post: marathondan
  Almería half marathon 2009 Antonio247 245 159,710 13-02-2009, 08:11 PM
  Almeria Half 2008 - last weekend in January El Gordo 93 66,748 01-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Last Post: El Gordo