Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I turn 48 tomorrow
17-09-2009, 08:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 17-09-2009, 08:39 PM by Seafront Plodder.)
Sad  I turn 48 tomorrow
An age some inhabitants of this parish will never see again. An age also, that will shortly be attained by two other prolific posters here. Tongue

T'was having a conversation with " down in one" last night about this very thing. ....(she's forgotten her password - women eh??). She's a mere stripling of err...early 40's Confused but the brutal reality of her reply left me feeling...well I'm not sure really:

Me: So, my birthday in a couple of days time

diw: Yeah I know

Me: I don't want to be 48, it sounds old

diw: well at least you've made it.

Ya see when you're in your 20's, life stretches out before you, and you wonder what you'll be doing when you are the age of your parents. Then you get in some sort of time-machine, and before you can say "whose turn is it to skin up", your kids are off to work and you start taking an interest in your annual pension statements.

Bah. I'll be at the Crawley 10K, Brighton ditto, Almeria and Connemara and bugger the consequences. Big Grin
17-09-2009, 10:45 PM,
Rainbow  RE: I turn 48 tomorrow
(17-09-2009, 08:34 PM)Seafront Plodder Wrote: ... and you start taking an interest in your annual pension statements.

Or being really worried by them. But indeed, at least you've made it. Too few people do, it seems.

Hippy birthday old man.
Run. Just run.
17-09-2009, 10:57 PM,
RE: I turn 48 tomorrow
Happy Birthday SP, and here's to our 4 head-to-heads over the next few months. It'll be the battle of the titans. Or should that be tight 'uns?

Hmm. You're fitter than me, and have 4 years advantage. Should this be a handicap of some sort? Or is the use of the h word just opening the door to a slew of predictable jests?
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
18-09-2009, 12:52 PM,
Happy Birthday SP - compare to me you are still a mere babe in arms
Have a great day - don't drink too much :-)
Phew this is hard work !
18-09-2009, 01:43 PM,
(18-09-2009, 12:52 PM)stillwaddler Wrote: Have a great day - don't drink too much :-)

A triumph of blind hope over expectation.

Big Grin
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
18-09-2009, 02:49 PM,
Happy Birthday SP! You are still a baby - compared to some of us. Enjoy your day.

Suzie