Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barca vs Almeria
25-10-2008, 08:47 PM,
Barca vs Almeria
Anyone watching this? 5-0 to Barca after 40 minutes.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
25-10-2008, 09:14 PM,
Barca vs Almeria
I was but I didn´t want to go on suffering.

On Sunday next week at 7 pm ( Spanish time ) Almería - Real Madrid at the estadio Mediterráneo. Let´s hope Almería is luckier.

25-10-2008, 09:14 PM,
Barca vs Almeria
They were equally impressive in midweek, laying waste to some Euro-minnow or other in the first half-hour before turning on the style in a second half showboat that made Ronaldo's equine capers seem positively muted. They have talent to burn and no shortage of confidence.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

25-10-2008, 10:09 PM,
Barca vs Almeria
Barca took their foot off the gas a bit in the second, and decided they'd inflicted enough pain on the plucky Almerians. No more goals.

Shame that Almeria will be playing away again the day of the half marathon, though I guess it's understandable from an organisation point of view. Despite today's result they seem to be establishing themselves near the top of the division. Good for them.
El Gordo

25-10-2008, 10:12 PM,
Barca vs Almeria
Nah, I was watching England nearly lose the most embarrassing match of their lives in the World Cup! Good on PNG - great game! If the rest of the series is like this it'll be a bewdy.
Run. Just run.
26-10-2008, 12:17 AM,
Barca vs Almeria
Mid Life Crisis Man Wrote:Nah, I was watching England nearly lose the most embarrassing match of their lives in the World Cup! Good on PNG - great game! If the rest of the series is like this it'll be a bewdy.

Agreed it was a struggle for our brave boys, though it was always going to be tough against a fresh, full-strength PNG side. Don't worry cobber, we've softened them up for you . . . Wink

26-10-2008, 04:32 AM,
Barca vs Almeria
Sweder Wrote:... it was always going to be tough against a fresh, full-strength PNG side.

Not sure the bookies agreed with you there - at the start of the match England were $1.02 and PNG $90 for the win! :o

Don't take it badly though - Australia were favourites at the start of the last (cricket) test against India too. Now that was a bad loss. India played very well, but we just went to Pooh Town when the crunch came. Played like (dare I say) ...girls.
Run. Just run.
26-10-2008, 08:22 AM,
Barca vs Almeria
That may be the betting in Aus but it wouldn't be the first time we'd come undfer friendly fire from our wealthy sporting neighbours. The Aussie press remind me of that Harry Enfield character, the Brummie who's 'considerabloi richaa than yeaouw'.

26-10-2008, 08:48 AM,
Barca vs Almeria
On my quest through YouTube this morning I rediscovered why Eddie Izzard remains one of our finest comedians. Enjoy.

26-10-2008, 10:25 AM,
Barca vs Almeria
Yeah, that was good -- thanks.
El Gordo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Almeria on TV this evening El Gordo 25 7,377 09-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Ana