FOR SALE: Timex GPS
29-12-2003, 06:25 PM,
I've recently bought the new Garmin Forerunner GPS, which means I now have a spare Timex SDM. If anyone is willing to make me an offer for it, well, please do....

It's the 100 lap Ironman model.

I've been very happy with it. The only minor complaint I've ever had is that you have to hit the button when the mile alarm sounds to save your split. Not a terrible problem.

If you want to read more about it, do a web search. Here's one site:

http://walking.about.com/cs/measure/gr/timexspeed.htm

Please note, this isn't the "BodyLink" version which incorporates the HRM. It's just the watch and transceiver. It uses satellite technology to tell you how far you've run, and displays/records speed (ave and max), pace (ave and max), distance etc. Also is fully functional sports watch with countdown timer, normal time of day and date, alarm etc.

Good condition, complete with case and manual.

Offers around £70 please.

Cheers

Andy
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
14-01-2004, 01:22 PM,
To help the sale of this thing along, you don't have to hit a button to record every mile split. There is a function on the watch that allows you to set some hands free settings so you can record each mile automatically. It also allows your watch to stop recording data as soon as you stop running, which I find really handy at the moment. It means I don't have to take off my gloves or search around in the dark for the right button.
Hope this helps.
14-01-2004, 11:58 PM,
I'm afraid my one doesn't have those features. They must have been added along with the BodyLink stuff during last year's upgrade.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
10-09-2004, 04:09 PM,
No thanks Andy, I think I'll pass... Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GPS - What's The Latest? Sweder 18 5,678 12-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Last Post: El Gordo
  GPS Jobbies Seafront Plodder 27 8,901 20-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Last Post: stillwaddler
  Garden Gate For Sale Ian 13 3,834 26-08-2003, 08:47 PM
Last Post: El Gordo