Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Four Strong Winds...etc
23-07-2009, 11:20 AM,
Four Strong Winds...etc
As much as I hate to admit it, I've quite enjoyed the first two Ashes tests. Eek Anyway, enough of that, and this thread is a great excuse to knock the cricket thread off the top of this forum. Smile

If, like me you're a closet Neil Young geek, then set the Sky boxes for 11.35 pm on BBC 2 this coming Friday. [SIZE="1"]offer applies to UK residents only, usual terms & conditions apply.[/SIZE]
24-07-2009, 10:49 PM,
Four Strong Winds...etc
Seafront Plodder Wrote:If, like me you're a closet Neil Young geek, then set the Sky boxes for 11.35 pm on BBC 2 this coming Friday. [SIZE="1"]offer applies to UK residents only, usual terms & conditions apply.[/SIZE]

I've seen this one before. Like you, I'm a Neil Young fan. I recall bunking off school at lunchtime back in about 1972 to cycle off to Ealing to buy Harvest the day it was released. Me and a few schoolmates had a big thing about CSN & Y.

But Young was always my favourite. I can't imagine what life might have been like without these Canadian musicians -- Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen (and to a lesser extent Gordon Lightfoot).

Anyway, yes, great documentary.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
24-07-2009, 11:58 PM,
Four Strong Winds...etc
Mmm. Had a nostalgic urge for Joni then. Youtube has a lot of stuff. Here's a great song from 1966:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3EofN3Flag
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.