Aimless ramblings............
16-03-2004, 06:52 AM,
Whilst all my fellow forumites appear to be training for some race or other, I am - well, aimlessly rambling both metaphorically and physically.

My Brighton half time has been rounded down to 2:06 which is good news, but that is really all I have to reportSad

This ridiculously early post is as a result of an early night. Well that and the fact that I have just returned from trotting 6 miles around the town this morning.Big Grin. The first signs of spring are in the air and this morning I felt it for the first time. I'm not a morning runner but this one felt gooood.

Andy, can you change my diary header to....well anything you like really...

I am still looking for a 10k to do and until then I am happy to just keep ticking over, perhaps out twice a week for 6 miles or so. Bizarrely I have motivation but no goal; that is until the November marathon training begins in the late summer.

Yes, today is a good day!
18-03-2004, 09:48 PM,
Hi SP, glad that you're discovering the joy of the early morning run. It's not a pleasure I've allowed myself this week. Had a very weary brief run on Tuesday, and decided to rest for a couple of days, though I hope to get out tomorrow.

We're coming up to (in my view) the best time of the year for early morning runners. To run between about 5 and 7am during March, April, May is just fantastic.

You should be able to find a decent 10K down your way, I'd have thought. Have you looked at the RW Events pages? There's quite a good search facility that should throw up a few. If you fancy travelling a bit, there are a load of good 10Ks in Berkshire through the summer, a few of which I'm hoping to do.

Definitely plan a couple of 10Ks at least - as you say, it's great for motivation. You could even manage a half or two before November, I'd have thought.

And don't forget the Ulan Bator Half.....
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.