ho hum
16-04-2004, 09:48 AM,
ho hum
just prepared a fairly lengthy submission and then got called away to find the page had expired before my return...

I use the CIS gels Andy, I really hate the way they slither down your throat but like the way the energy kicks in about 10 minutes later and you don't need fluids with those. Bit easier to carry than a sports drink, I never feel comfortable carrying a bottle, Itried one of those fancy shaped ones that are supposed to slip over your hand, but I got the urge to throw that away after a coupl of miles.

Hope the calf niggle was a fleeting thing - didn't you have a calf problem a while a go?

Had good fun running last weekend, we were visiting my daughter in Camden - v.handy for Regent's Park and for Hampstead Heath, had great fun saying good morning to other joggers, the look of alarm that appeared on their faces had me LOL , they obviouolsy thought we were at best completly mad a nd at worst down right dangerous!! Its so long since I left my roots in the South that I had forgotten it was forbidden to speak to strangers...

Entered my local 10 k awhile a go, am now amased to find that 15,999 other people have entered too - wow! I know there is no chance of doing a decent pace in a mass event, but when you get to my age it is such bliss to know that there will be some hundreds of people finishing behind you for once, I shall be delighted if the number behind goes in to thousands - ahh it's the little things in life.

Pam, I have been reading you blog with interest, Good Luck in your new home.
Phew this is hard work !
16-04-2004, 10:00 PM,
ho hum
Hi SW, how's that ankle?

Gels do work for me too, though I know plenty of people who steer clear of them. Not sure if I've had CIS. The ones I bought yesterday seem to be 2 or 3 times the size of the usual ones, so I'm hoping one will last through my supposed 18 miles tomorrow. Not very confident of making it, but have to try.

Agree about carrying bottles. They get in the way of my elegant running style. And the heat of your hand instantly turns the liquid warm and unappealing. Ooooh no.

Sorry to hear that the running folk of Regents park weren't too friendly, but I think perhaps London just has too many runners for people to be bothered saying hello all the time. Where I run, it's pretty rare to come across a fellow sufferer, so we always exchange greetings.

Calf is OK, I think. Tomorrow morning will test it properly.

I'm in awe of your celebrity status, SW. You must be a godsend to a race organiser. Enter a race, and another 16000 rush to sign up.

Hope it goes well. When is it?

Andy
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
17-04-2004, 07:20 AM,
ho hum
Hi SW,

The gels I've used are SIS. Texture like phlegm and taste like apple flavoured phlegm, but they sure do the job. Smile

17-04-2004, 12:50 PM,
ho hum
Quote:Originally posted by Seafront Plodder
Hi SW,

The gels I've used are SIS. Texture like phlegm and taste like apple flavoured phlegm...

Sounds like some pancakes I made this morning... minus the apple.

Think I'll stick to tea and toast next time. Well, it worked for Rob de Castella, eh?

MLC Man.
Run. Just run.
19-04-2004, 02:00 PM,
ho hum
Yes, those are the ones, not CIS - dysl;exic fingerrrs!!
Phew this is hard work !
20-04-2004, 12:17 PM,
ho hum
May 23rd, the Great Manchester Run, hope to break the magical 1 hour mark.

Now where did I put those snot sachets, sorry gels? ;-)
Phew this is hard work !