Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bizarrely...
21-07-2004, 07:52 PM,
Bizarrely...
My hour long runs are starting to last 1 hour 20. Eek

Yesterday I ran the hour course, but started wandering up lanes and back just to ...well I dunno really - just to run further I suppose.

Perhaps it has gone full circle, but right now I'd like to know how far I actually am running in 85 mins - I suppose it helps when you're following a sorta schedule!

Trouble is, I tried to buy _colin's dad off Andy, (If you recall he advertised it here a while ago) but as soon as I expressed an interest, he took it off the market making some limp excuse about needing it again.Sad

Oh well. The miles are racking up nicely and I'm even looking forward to more hill work on Friday, when C said she'd join me once more...
22-07-2004, 12:55 AM,
Bizarrely...
Yes SP, there's little doubt gadgetry is precious to our Andy, and he gets very defensive about it the moment you speak of a possible separation. In fact, with the notable exception of physique, have you perhaps noticed a strong similarity between Andy and that other mysterious character Gollum?

I mean think about it - they both like cold, dark places (evidenced by the fact that Andy acutally likes and seeks out pre-dawn mid-winter runs); there is a certain duality about their nature (in Andy's case it oscillates between marathon training and lager-thrashing); and they both have an unhealthy attraction to small objects appended to the ends of their arms, and to which they ascribe mysterious powers and which seem to have a great hold over them.

Bit of a worry that. Might have to have a chat with Bilbo Higdon.

MLC Man.
Run. Just run.
23-07-2004, 10:01 AM,
Bizarrely...
Oooh, MLCM, you really are a monkey aren't you?

SP - let me see if I can locate my old watch, in which case I'm sure I can come to some arrangement re the Timex which I'm using in its place. Whatever that nasty Antipodean bully says, I am open to modest persuasion.

Will check when I get back home this weekend.

Andy
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
24-07-2004, 10:36 AM,
Bizarrely...
In casr you're interested Andy...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...42820&rd=1

There are quite a few more on sale too. Best bargains are on the worldwide site rather than the UK.

Rememer it's the 201 not 101 that is better.

Will still look aout for my other watch.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
25-07-2004, 08:54 AM,
Bizarrely...
This hill work is becoming addictive!

Cardiac Hill was conquered early on Friday morning. Parking the car at the top does give the necessary incentive to succeed, but sadly on my own as C was too tired to get out of bed.

There are many more hills around here I could attempt if I ever get complacent, but for now it offers just the right level of challenge. It is also one of the few hills that I'm not at risk from breaking an ankle falling down a rabbit hole!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

25-07-2004, 09:08 AM,
Bizarrely...
With thanks to Nigel for the link to pic re-sizing.Big Grin

It actually looks less daunting here than it actually is. Over a 1/4 of a mile long but it gets steeper and steeper towards the top. Really it does.

Once at the top it is possible to press on to the golf course up a more gentle (recovery) incline. As you can imagine from this pic, the knack is to dodge the little old ladies walking their overfed dogs who shat everywhereSad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)