Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It was never really on.
27-07-2004, 08:37 PM,
It was never really on.
But this afternoon I went for my weekend long run.

Quite why every weekend longee ends up being on a Tuesday is..err well umm thing. Weekends are always too busy and as long as I get it in I don't suppose Hal'll really care.

The temp gauge in the car was stuck on 27 degrees when I parked Eek ARE YOU LISTENING MLC MAN!! IT'S WARM HERE...Big Grin and my objective was to run for 90 minutes which would have been around 9 miles, and slightly up on last week.

It was never really on.....Sad Along the seafront and back with only the merest whiff of a breeze to keep me from overheating; so I settled for 80 minutes run... and a swim.

Oh yes indeedydoody. Straight on the beach, trainers off, tee shirt off, shorts off (lycra's still on) and......ahhh!!

Instant cross training.
28-07-2004, 12:37 AM,
It was never really on.
SP, you can keep your 27 degrees ... I'm becoming Andy-fied, because it's 7 degrees here, with a stiffish breeze blowing cold, icy, Antarctic rain and sleet into your face as you run, making the wind-chill factor about oooh, 30 degrees lower. Drivers are in foul moods and go out of their way to drive through the puddles, sending sheets of icy mud and slush over you as you labour into the head-wind-sleet-torture. As a layer of ice forms over your body and your extremities turn blue, then black, and threaten to snap off and clatter to the road below, you begin to understand just what this running caper is all about. I never thought intense cold and suffering would be this much fun.

Magic :-)
Run. Just run.
28-07-2004, 01:22 PM,
It was never really on.
it was drizzling here yesterday, I'd much prefer it to be boiling SP, annoying thing is my husband is languishing down on the South coast diving in the middle of the channel this week and keeps ringing me up, I'm sure its just to boast about the wonderful weather - gnash.

Never mind MLCM, the nights are drawing in here so it'll soon be winter again, just when you begin to bask in the sunshine.

As for drivers, don't you just hate it when they aim puddle contents at you, I always wish I had something to chuck back - like a hand grenade perhaps?
Phew this is hard work !