Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oppressive...
03-08-2004, 08:00 PM,
Oppressive...
...humidity is not normally a phenomenon associated with weather on the South Coast of England. High winds certainly! Even the odd gale, but the sticky heat I ran in tonight was a first.

We’d been waiting all afternoon for the break in the weather. The met office even told us when the thunderstorm was directly above them in London, but sadly (or not), it has yet to materialise here. Tonight was my last-weekend-long-run and the loose schedule I am not really following called for 10 miles. Are they mad? Do they not know what the weather is up to here?

Apparently not, so I ground out 10 miles this evening, actually in relatively painless comfort. Eek This was the furthest run since the Brighton ½ in Feb, but, apart from forgetting to tape up the nips it all went swimmingly. Taking stock of which part of me ached the most was actually quite tough. I decided it was my heels, for no other reason than they have never hurt after a longee before so it’s probably their turn.

Having wrung out my non-technical tee shirt, I am suitably endorphinised, salmon steak is in the oven, and *slurp*

Now if I can only keep this mileage-cranking up for the next couple of months, I may even look forward to New York.
03-08-2004, 11:52 PM,
Oppressive...
Nice run SP. Humidity is a real killer isn't it? But I think the weather people have got their hemispheres mixed up somewhere along the way. Down here we're now experiencing flood conditions (my wine cellar, aaargh) with Noah-like rainfall. All the creeks in my area that are dry >99% of the time are flowing rapidly and people are once again talking about the 100 year flood that we are never prepared for. I don't think anyone is suggesting anything like that seriously, but it gives you the idea - it's wet here. I don't think you could run 10 miles in Adelaide at the moment without swimming part of it at least...
Run. Just run.
10-08-2004, 04:15 PM,
Oppressive...
i run past this road quite often. A retirement cul-de-sac if ever you saw one. Then something struck me as odd; so odd that I took this pic.

A pat on the back to whoever guesses....hmm

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

31-08-2004, 01:52 PM,
Oppressive...
That tough eh? :p
31-08-2004, 03:56 PM,
Oppressive...
No gutters?
Run. Just run.
31-08-2004, 05:22 PM,
Oppressive...
'fraid not Mr Rickman Sir.
01-09-2004, 09:02 AM,
Oppressive...
No cars? No road markings?
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
01-09-2004, 09:21 AM,
Oppressive...
No cars! Weird eh?

saddo SP.
01-09-2004, 02:23 PM,
Oppressive...
They must have all gone to the QPR match...
Run. Just run.