Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a shame
08-12-2008, 04:39 PM,
What a shame
Sunday morning proved far too icey and slippery for me to attempt the Stockport 10miler, I'm just too fragile to risk another fall :o
Phew this is hard work !
08-12-2008, 10:32 PM,
What a shame
stillwaddler Wrote:Sunday morning proved far too icey and slippery for me to attempt the Stockport 10miler, I'm just too fragile to risk another fall :o

Bad luck SW. I'd come and do Wilmslow with you but it's the same day as my own local half -- Reading. I was out running yesterday, and there was plenty of ice around along the canal towpath. Fortunately I still have plenty of insulating blubber to cushion any fall. Despite all your travails, I hope you're managing to inch your way back to some sort of normality.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
08-12-2008, 11:03 PM,
What a shame
Sorry to hear that . . . probably a wise decision given your recent challenges. Does this mean you're a possible late addition to the 2009 Almeria Armada??? Big Grin

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

10-12-2008, 04:27 PM,
What a shame
wish I could join the Armada unfortunately work commitments and the rubbish flights on offer from the North are conspiring against me - perhaps I should run a half here on the same day to keep in sympathy? Friend of mine has just entered the Barcelona Marathon - anybody know anyone who has completed it?
Phew this is hard work !
17-12-2008, 02:24 PM,
What a shame
[SIZE="1"]have been very lazy this last week or so, pavements too slippery, forgot to take running stuff to work, busy with Christmas things - loads of excuses, but have just checked my running log and for the first time in years I will not exceed 500 running miles for 2008. this must change :-([/SIZE]
Phew this is hard work !
18-12-2008, 10:34 AM,
What a shame
Clocking over 500 miles a year "for years" is a great achievement -- don't let one little blip put you off. I'm going to achieve little better than half that this year. Here's to 2009!