Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woke Up This Morning....
10-08-2004, 07:13 PM,
Woke Up This Morning....
To rain. Smile Great! As has become the norm, today was to be my last weekend longee, and I had intended to do 12 miles. 2 circuits of the town culminating with Cardiac Hill to finish, now that would seperate the men from the boys!"

Truth is, throughout the day it became hotter and clearer and hotter and humider Sad .....................and I aborted the run after 1 circuit of 6 miles.

The sun was so low this evening I couldn't really see where I was going. I was sweating buckets to the extent that my earphones kept sliding out *yuk*, and I nearly got run over when I was blindly crossing a road whilst concentrating on trying to replace an earpiece.

What's worse is that due to family commitments I hadn't run since Friday. My uncle was over from Germany for a Bit Of A Do. His capacity for beer is not only the stuff legends are made of, but he also insists I throw gallons of ale down my neck as well! Eek

After the weekend's festivities I really wanted this run to be successful - it wasn't and I'm miffed.

I just hope I can pick it up again by getting in 1 last long run in before me hols.

Bugger.
01-09-2004, 07:19 AM,
Woke Up This Morning....
For a change, lack of training posts has not meant lack of training. Update will follow shortlyish.......honest. Rolleyes