Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's like sleeping with your sister-in-law!!
06-09-2004, 01:18 PM,
You hate doing it, but perhaps in time it will become bearable Eek oh sorry, wrong website...

Err......hillwork! You hate doing it, but perhaps in time it will become bearable.

Long runs are now up to 16 milers in my quest to win the New York marathon, and this time the training has incorporated loads of bloody hills. Cardiac Hill now holds no fear, and I have been forced to turn to The Monster we have in these parts. I have yet to make it to the top in one go, but soon....very soon!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

07-09-2004, 08:37 AM,
Droolsville! Makes me want to go out for a run just looking at it.

Mmmmm mm.
Run. Just run.
07-09-2004, 04:59 PM,
Had a go at The Monster this afternoon. I tackled it at the end of a 3.57 (what a pedant) mile run, and whilst I didn't make it to the top without stopping, I got further than before without collapsing.

My shiny new jobbie told me that it goes from 1' above sea level to 273' above sea level, in 0.51 miles Eek

I finished off by thumping my new (but very green) virtual training partner out of sight over a 0.5 mile downhill course, beating him with 8.28 minutes to spare!! Ok so I set him to run the course in 13 minutes, but he has to start somewhere. Rolleyes

Big Grin
07-09-2004, 09:49 PM,
For a moment there I thought you meant that you ran a mile in 3:57 ... and was beginning to think I was in the wrong forum Smile

Great effort SP! I'm exceedingly jealous Wink
Run. Just run.
12-09-2004, 06:32 PM,
Crikey, that's a whopper. But you should see mine.

Ooops, wrong website again...

Yes but, no but, I'll post a picture of it when I get round to downloading my pictures from Ireland. Mind you, I didn't run up it. Walking was bad enough.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.