Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plod we did!
03-03-2005, 02:13 PM,
Plod we did!
As keen-eyed viewers will already know. Sweder came over to mine yesterday and we toddled a slow 5-miler.

Couple of decrepit old farts that we are, we were both watching out for flare-up signs of the injury we are both carrying. The calf is still not right, and it aches quite severely this morning. Not a good sign.

I have no doubt I shall start the Reading 1/2 on Sunday, but to say I'll finish isn't really up to me as there's nowt I can do now but more rest. Yesterday was my first run in 10 days but it's still not right. Still, as this is now the last race I shall be doing for a while, might as well give it a go.

I assume I'm right in saying rest is the only real medicine for calf strains?
03-03-2005, 04:20 PM,
Plod we did!
Don´t worry, Andy. I´ll also start but I don´t know if I´ll be able to finish since my right heel still aches in spite of having been to my physiotherapist three times, one more tomorrow, and not having trained since last Saturday, just three kilometres on the dry river.

When I had pain in my calf, apart from going to my physio, I went to the gym and tried training on a treadmill. Surprisingly, I didn´t feel any pain. After a few days, I went on training at the sea front feeling well.

Good luck!

04-03-2005, 09:05 AM,
Plod we did!
Tennis last night.

In an effort to compensate for a dodgy right calf, I twisted my left knee and this morning can hardly walk down the stairs! Eek
04-03-2005, 11:16 AM,
Plod we did!
My leg actually fell off last night. Luckily Mrs S managed to stitch it back on, but now I've got a rather unsightly red and black stitch line on my upper thigh. Don't worry though; I'll wear my lycra stretchies to hide the gore.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

04-03-2005, 06:37 PM,
Plod we did!
What's next? You guys are sure pouring it on. Next I'll hear that you're carrying your leg and hopping on one foot Sweder!

No more whining!

Suzie
04-03-2005, 06:40 PM,
Plod we did!
You're pulling my leg, right SQ?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

04-03-2005, 06:42 PM,
Plod we did!
Suzie