Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You're Quiet...
14-03-2005, 10:03 PM,
You're Quiet...
Hey, what's up, Antonio? Haven't heard from you much recently.

How are the aches and pains?

Hope you've recovered from Reading.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
14-03-2005, 10:21 PM,
You're Quiet...
Hello, Andy

I´ve been very busy with the last exams of the second term.

I have a little discomfort again in my right sole but not too bad. Now I´m preparing a mountain bike route in the province of Almería which will be held on 16th April. It is 120 km long and it has to be done in less than 12 hours.

How did you do at Silverstone yesterday? It must be exhausting to take part at two half marathons in a week. Did you have a good time with all the runners in the coaches? Did Kevin also go there? Did you manage to get 90 fruity bagels?

Thank you very much again for all your kindness, driving and hospitality in my weekend in Berkshire. I had a really good time.

Greetings to M.

14-03-2005, 11:06 PM,
You're Quiet...
Silverstone was excellent. A bit nerve-wracking, hoping that the coaches would arrive and that everyone would arrive on time, but all went well. 85 of us turned up, and I even had 2 bagels left over at the end. As usual, they were a very nice bunch of people. Kevin didn't make it.

It was only when I got to Silverstone that I began to realise the implications - that I was running a half marathon as well. But I did, and managed my third half marathon PB in 6 weeks. The details will have to wait as I'm having a very busy time at work in the early part of this week. Will post a full race report up later in the week.

I don't have time to run today or tomorrow which is probably a good thing. My legs are tired and muscles are aching, so I'll take an extra rest day to recover.

Cheers

Andy
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
15-03-2005, 12:38 PM,
You're Quiet...
Congratulations, Andy! It´s wonderful the way you´re lowering your PB. The two hour barrier seems to be accessible for you.

I hope you´ll get better from your aches soon.

Regards

Antonio