Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My quest!
06-07-2005, 06:35 PM,
My quest!
to make the 2012 British Marathon Olympic team starts here...!

I had arranged a little jaunt with sweder this evening. By mid afternoon however, he'd called, muttering something about school plays.

Truth be told, Sweder or not I was determined to go running tonight, I even told Mrs SP to kick me out of the house should my running partner not materialise. She said she would. He didn't, and she stayed true to her word.Sad

Truth be told I was dreading this run, as I always do after a hearty lay-off. Had he made it over I'm sure we would have headed out over the South Downs following the bridleway to the quintessential english village of Alfriston As it was, I opted for the relative safety of a flat seafront plod. At least that way, after today's monumental result I could turn my head to the left and spit in the direction of France Big Grin

I never cease to be amazed at the body's ability to remember. Driving down to the beach I reminded myself how lardy and unfit I felt, yet 31 minutes later I had covered 3.2 miles non-stop! That was probably far enough for the first outing in a while, and the lower back was starting to moan a bit, as it always does after a lengthy period of lethargy. But yet again, my dreading a run was unfounded and I thoroughly enjoyed myself! Spitting to my right on the return leg for good measure.
06-07-2005, 08:56 PM,
My quest!
SP - you have a little time to build up for the London marathon - and its nice to take some time off and just do whatever. Although getting back into the routine can seem rather a slog.

But I wanted to say that I'm quite sure I'll be running the London marathon next year! Myself, my brother and a friend are all going to register with the overseas company and hopefully get an assured entry into the marathon. It would be absolutely great if we could meet up after for maybe a pint or two. I know it's a long way off...but anticipating exciting times are all part of it.

So keep up the running!

Suzie
06-07-2005, 09:48 PM,
My quest!
Well done SP, hang onto that your 2012 Olympic dream so that if I get a last-minute injury you can take my place.

And great news about London, Suzie. I probably won't be doing it myself but will happily meet up with you guys either after the race or at some point during your trip.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
07-07-2005, 07:28 AM,
My quest!
That's great news Suzie.

I've been accepted for London and fully intend to run it. Be good to meet up again, and well.....if pushed I suppose a pint or two could be considered Wink
07-07-2005, 08:35 AM,
My quest!
SP How come you know already?

I will be applying in August in the ballot and hopefully get a race pack in December and not a rejection slip (fingers crossed!). But I will happily come and cheer you guys on if I don't get a place!

Pete
07-07-2005, 10:57 AM,
My quest!
I got in through the ballot last year but withdrew through injury (more like lack of preparation) Big Grin

Effectively I deferred my place and I've already had my slip through and they've cashed my cheque.

Just the training to do then.... *gulp*
03-09-2005, 02:54 AM,
My quest!
Why does that remind me of the scene from Life of Brian where Eric Idle lies about being Brian to the Centurion, gets taken down from the crucifix and released and then demands to be put back??
Run. Just run.
03-09-2005, 10:08 PM,
My quest!
There he is again!
He popped up on my British 10K thread today, too.
Thought I'd been drinking too much 'till I saw him on here . . .

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph