Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mighty May, a new dawn, part deux
11-05-2008, 11:10 AM,
Mighty May, a new dawn, part deux
A great swelter awaited my lardy arse upon the Marina grass. I ambled up, a magnificent seven in repose waiting for moi. Capless and feeling a bit more than a little unfit, after Thurs swift time trialler, heavy leg syndrome etc.

We moved off at a comfortable lope eastward bound, despite my misgivings a beautiful morning and easy chatter with Sweder kept the cadence at a manageable pace.

The heat was strong, the Saltdean toilets couldn't come soon enough and I'd soon dowsed my brow under the cold water. We didn't dither, onwards to the climb up into Peacehaven. My breathing laboured I hung in until the wire was gained. 4 of the guys peeled off for a snake run, I didn't envy them in this heat knowing from previous experience how sapping it really is.

Just four of us left for the return leg, the suns’ fearsome rays slowly turning me into a frazzled wreck. The top had to come off, what a relief to get some air to the moobs, a dowse of water over my head. For once I was floundering in Sweder’s wake up Saltdean hill and into Rottingdean. The speedwork had obviously paid off for the fella, he lengthened the gap and I couldn’t catch him.

Into the finish I ambled, cajoling my laboured brain and body into the home straight.
We had worked hard in the mad dog sun, what a relief to bank that one. Slow progress I feel is the order of the day.

No time or distance recorded – the Garmin died on me, the run has been measured at 12k. Time guestimate about an Hour and 10 mins.

Off to the pub later – 1 pint mind and lunch to catch the football climax. A perfect day.

Messages In This Thread
Mighty May, a new dawn, part deux - by Moyleman - 02-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Mighty May, a new dawn, part deux - by Moyleman - 08-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Mighty May, a new dawn, part deux - by El Gordo - 08-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Mighty May, a new dawn, part deux - by Moyleman - 11-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Mighty May, a new dawn, part deux - by El Gordo - 11-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Mighty May, a new dawn, part deux - by Moyleman - 15-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Mighty May, a new dawn, part deux - by Moyleman - 18-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Mighty May, a new dawn, part deux - by Antonio247 - 18-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Mighty May, a new dawn, part deux - by Moyleman - 25-05-2008, 11:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post