Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
August resolutions
16-08-2017, 08:41 AM,
August resolutions
Monday's outing

Back again. I disappeared - life got busy and I was ill so many times in such a short space of time that everything else blurred by. Then I went on holiday in the beautiful San Jose (so glad we visited after the Almeria run) and now re-evaluating how I want to spend my time post-holiday. 

I am still off the running as I'm still worried about my ankle. I plan to train for Almeria 9k in Jan, but not starting on that just yet. I have decided to get out early (before settling down to work) on the days I'm working from home. Usually Monday, Weds and sometimes Friday. On Monday I stomped off at 7:45 am for a fast walk up Malling Down. I didn't take my Garmin with me so I have no stats, but I walked hard up the hill for 35 mins and then walked down it again. I paused briefly at a couple of points to get my breath.

The best thing about it was GETTING OUTSIDE. I donned my shorts and a t-shirt and got out into the world and got sweaty. I spend my days stuck in front of a laptop for work. After a holiday where I needed only to take a potter down the road to the beach for a swim in the Med whenever I wanted I've realised getting outside is bloody important to me. 

My plan is to get in to a habit of a first thing walk or cycle on my working from home days while the weather is still fairly placid here in the UK and continue the regime through the winter. I also plan to try cycling to the Uni on the days I'm working there - need to get a commuting bike sorted out.

Watch this space ...

... Take the National Express when your life's in a mess / It'll make you smile ...

Messages In This Thread
August resolutions - by twittenkitten - 16-08-2017, 08:41 AM
RE: August resolutions - by Charliecat5 - 16-08-2017, 07:24 PM
RE: August resolutions - by Sweder - 18-08-2017, 05:14 AM
RE: August resolutions - by twittenkitten - 22-08-2017, 07:58 AM
RE: August resolutions - by OutAlongTheRiver - 25-08-2017, 12:08 PM