Low carb / Maffetone / other regimes
19-08-2017, 02:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 19-08-2017, 02:10 AM by El Gordo.)
RE: Low carb / Maffetone / other regimes
(16-08-2017, 08:29 AM)twittenkitten Wrote: Hola Andy!

I thought of you on your birthday (esp as it was also mine) and I'm both thrilled and fascinated to hear about your progress Smile I don't have anything to add on low carb diets as I've no experience of them. The common thread I have is wanting to lose weight and get more active. I want to lose about a stone in total.......

Hallo, me Duck.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, and of course, straight back atcha, as I believe the young people of today might say. Hope you had as nice a day as I had at the Cleckheaton Folk Festival.

Regarding weight blah, well, as the great George Sheehan said, and as I even more notoriously continue to quote, 'every athlete is an experiment of one'. So I won't try to tell you what might work for you. All I can say is that for me, and (it seems) many others, the low carb approach does its job. It's not even a 'diet'. I'm not on one of those. I've just made some adjustments to what I eat. If you're vaguely curious to learn more, I'd recommend reading something like The Obesity Code, by Jason Fung. Or Why We Get Fat, by Taubes. 

No doubt my resolve will weaken at some point, but at the moment I'm hanging on in there. 

Are you planning to get to Almeria for the medio maraton in 2018? In my half-crazed state, I'm telling everyone (er, my wife) that I plan to run the Almeria Half 2018. 

Ha ha!! Hurrah for temporary weight loss hysteria and delusion!!
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Low carb / Maffetone / other regimes - by El Gordo - 19-08-2017, 02:08 AM