Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oktoba
02-11-2016, 08:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2016, 12:47 PM by Sweder.)
RE: Oktoba
Update. Plenty of short outings, nothing spectacular, or catastrophic, to report. Circuits of the Chalk Pits with a nod to the Moyleman start, consecutive Twitten runs and a (slow) return to Bevendean ParkRun. Averaging a run every two days, about maximum for me. Nothing over 5k though.

A niggle here and there but of greatest concern is my poor recovery time, especially on the hill sprints. I feel I've lost lung capacity, as if a section of the bellows has been restricted in some way. This might be lingering lurghie - there's a lot of seasonal coughs & sneezles about, marked by a continuous, unsociable need to clear one's pipes. Or it could be my dormant asthma making a come-back. If it persists I'll see the Doc. Can't be too careful in the middling years.
On, on ...

Meanwhile, my good friend Charlicat has disappeared over the autumnal horizon, kicking up a golden-brown trail I'm in no shape to follow. He is 'going well', I am assured by Radar, Mary-Louise of this Parrish. She has assumed my mantle as Cat Chaser, herself recovering from the same op, abdominal hernia, that laid me low. We caught up at Ground Coffee this past Saturday, where M-L interviewed me for a piece she's writing on Chris and the origins of the Moyleman.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

Messages In This Thread
Oktoba - by Sweder - 04-10-2016, 10:07 AM
RE: Oktoba - by Sweder - 24-10-2016, 12:43 PM
RE: Oktoba - by Sweder - 02-11-2016, 08:04 AM
RE: Oktoba - by glaconman - 02-11-2016, 03:28 PM
RE: Oktoba - by Sweder - 02-11-2016, 03:45 PM