Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oktoba
04-10-2016, 10:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-10-2016, 10:18 AM by Sweder.)
Oktoba
Here we are, then; autumn.
What a fabulous month to get back into running.

Started off on Sunday with a Twitten Run followed by coffee and the short drive to the start of the Moyleman to join Team Baz for the Lewes Downland 5. This is pretty much my old training run to Black Cap, so familiar territory. The Twittens was as ghastly as twelve consecutive hill sprints can be. Duncan and Rob were my companions. They are as far from me in terms of fitness as Lewes FC are from the Premier League. This disparity resulted in them getting a breather at the top of each climb as I chugged in like a late Southern Rail train. Plus ca change. 

The LD5 was a fun affair. Baz The Haff, the Lewes FC Club Shop proprietor and all-round good egg, had set himself the challenge of running a 10k before Christmas. Baz, like a few of us, could lose a few pounds. Unlike most of us though, Baz suffers from crippling arthritis, so this is a proper challenge.

His goal this day was to break 60 minutes. Our aim was to keep him moving, keep his spirits up and not have to work too hard after the bastard Twittens. Tom Roper of this Parrish was along for the Big One, the Lewes Downland 10. The race forms part of the local AC Season, and Tom was out to bag points for his beloved Seaford Striders. The tale of Baz's journey is well told here by Charliecat. All I have to add is, yes, we did serenade him at key moments, including a fine rendition of When The Baz Goes Marching In (BtH is a Spurs fan), and a cracking blast of Rawhide as we entered the last field. 

This morning I took off for another visit to the Cap, this time accompanied by the furry Velociraptors. It was painfully slow, of course, which matters not a jot. Time on the feet, regulated breathing and placing one foot in front of the other is all this was about. 8.4 kilometres in a shade under the hour. Good work on the long road back.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

Messages In This Thread
Oktoba - by Sweder - 04-10-2016, 10:07 AM
RE: Oktoba - by Sweder - 24-10-2016, 12:43 PM
RE: Oktoba - by Sweder - 02-11-2016, 08:04 AM
RE: Oktoba - by glaconman - 02-11-2016, 03:28 PM
RE: Oktoba - by Sweder - 02-11-2016, 03:45 PM