Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
September, departing summer hath assumed
17-09-2015, 08:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 17-09-2015, 09:42 AM by Charliecat5.)
RE: September, departing summer hath assumed
Hmmmm

I went for a run at the weekend.  I had about 12 miles planned over new running ground (but previously biked ground).  I managed 3 miles before I gave up and turned for home – achieving 5 miles in total.  Same old issue – heavy lungs and lack of oxygen when ramping up the power.

The ongoing question: is this an issue of the mind or is it real? 

This question has led to me to do two things this week.

1)      I have made enquiries and will be joining the local athletics club.  They seem a really cracking bunch of people and do quite a lot of their running over the Downs.  This hopefully will provide me with renewed motivation and also the kick up the arse I need to improve.  I love running with BGG (some of my best runs have been with the old bugger), but our respective workloads make the alignment of diaries quite challenging.   This gives me the opportunity to make some new running friends - they were impressed that I am a co-founder of the Moyleman - I have kudos before they have even seen me run!

2)      I went to see the Doctor this morning – the lack of oxygen issue (whether real or otherwise) has been having an impact for over a month now and over the last couple of days it has got worse.  I don’t do Doctors, so this was quite a rare event for me.  The outcome is that nothing is materially wrong… but I need to listen to my body and ease back on the running for a couple of weeks. 

This has just confirmed the view I have feared for the last few of weeks.  The JS20 ain’t going to happen. 

I’m going to sit in the corner now for a while and sulk.
There is more to be done

Messages In This Thread
RE: September, departing summer hath assumed - by Charliecat5 - 17-09-2015, 08:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  September 2014 Charliecat5 22 9,267 07-10-2014, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man