Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
De qué hablo cuando hablo de correr...
12-02-2013, 10:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 10:44 PM by Bierzo Baggie.)
I want to be a streak runner.
My first attmpt lasted 3 days.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Not so much a streak, more a sneaky midnight jog around the back garden in yer undies.
Not that we’ve got a back garden.

My problem is that there are 2 run-windows on mid-week days. One is at 7am and I’m hopeless at this time. It’s dark and cold outside, running before dawn doesn’t feel “natural” and I might be perceived as a lunatic by my neighbours. No, I would most definitely be perceived as a lunatic by my neighbours.

Then the maelstrom of daily routines make it impossible until the next realistic window when I finish work at 9:30 or 10pm. At this time it is also dark and cold but the neighbours wouldn’t assume that I was in the midst of a manic episode. They’d think I was training for the entrance tests to be an official fireman of the Spanish state. Or that I’d been drinking all afternoon. Or that I’d won the lottery. Abnormal behaviour late at night would be considered more normal in any case.

No, 10pm is fine, but hunger pangs and lack of self discipline normally deflect any lingering intentions.

Anyway, I want to be a streak runner.

Messages In This Thread
Harriers v Ascends. - by Bierzo Baggie - 03-02-2013, 12:07 PM
I want to be a streak runner. - by Bierzo Baggie - 12-02-2013, 10:42 PM
V Alto Sil race - by Bierzo Baggie - 12-03-2013, 10:55 PM