Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
almost ready for the next campaign
03-12-2010, 12:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-12-2010, 12:40 PM by stillwaddler.)
RE: almost ready for the next campaign
So – time to start the marathon training sessions again staring Monday, but this year the long runs will be done with Mr SW, it’ll be nice to have some company.
I felt I was running well up until a few weeks ago. I had a brilliant 4 miler one lunchtime, the air was crisp but not cold enough to burn your throat, it was brilliantly sunny, creating a quite blinding strobe effect whenever I ran past railings. I ran to the park and felt I could have run all afternoon no chance of course, had to go back to work.

Then I had a flu jab. My reasoning being that as the swine flu I contracted last year had made me feel so awful and has left me with chronic asthma it would be a Good Idea to circumvent the agony again this year. Big mistake, my arm was very painful only an hour or so after having it, it continued to ache for a week and then itched most horribly too and I also succumbed to a violent headache, swollen glands all over the place and an overwhelming sensation of exhaustion. Had to spend 3 days at home on the sofa, thus, no running for almost a fortnight. Started again on Tuesday with a 3 mile pipe opener, had to be on the treadmill as the pavements around here are lethal. Not much actual snow, but horribly icy. I repeated the exercise yesterday and feel OK except my thighs were a bit sore on Wednesday – a result of the enforced layoff I’m sure. So, onwards and upwards. I just hope we get a thaw sometime v.soon, I don’t relish running the long weekenders on the treadmill again like last year.

If the English weather continues to take a nose dive like this I might be forced to try an early Autumn marathon next time round. Any thoughts? I have resisted in the past as I don’t like running when it is v.hot, not that that would have been a problem this year of course.
Phew this is hard work !

Messages In This Thread
RE: almost ready for the next campaign - by stillwaddler - 03-12-2010, 12:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The campaign begins stillwaddler 13 6,856 24-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man