Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I ain't got no sole!
12-02-2005, 07:34 PM,
I ain't got no sole!
It was Nigel who started it! After our 3 mile recovery jog in Almería, we were on the way back to the hotel when the conversation turned to shoes. Sweder has at least 3 pairs, Nigel (Imelda) Platt has about 5! “These are my ½ marathon shoes” he states matter of factly, as if everyone has shoes for certain distances. Not I. There is just the 1 pair, and they, are dead! Nigel knew it from the moment he saw the heels; I, rather naively thought that as there was some tread left they must be fine.

It got me thinkingthough…..Those shoes are a year old now!Eek I remember now. I got them for the Brighton ½, which is next week! All that New York training, the race, all the running this year and the Almería race, all on the same pair!!.

In the circumstances I hope my fellow competitors won’t mind if I upgrade my finishing time to a PB. Do you?

Last Tuesday I high-tailed it to the running shop only to get a good kicking from the guy there for running on worn out shoes. With my build that’s not exactly wise, but I left The Jog Shop £100 lighter, and armed with shiny new Saucony Hurricanes, a Pack of gels and a running belt!

It’s like running with pillows strapped to your feet isn’t it? 3 run of 5 miles this week as I’m breaking ‘em in, but it feels fantastic. I have no idea how long before new shoes are “broken in”, but I’m aiming to glide for a 14 miler, possibly tomorrow or Monday.

I love the smell of new shoes in the morning!Smile

Messages In This Thread
I ain't got no sole! - by Seafront Plodder - 12-02-2005, 07:34 PM
I ain't got no sole! - by Sweder - 12-02-2005, 08:13 PM
I ain't got no sole! - by El Gordo - 12-02-2005, 09:37 PM
I ain't got no sole! - by Seafront Plodder - 15-02-2005, 10:19 AM