Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today
28-02-2005, 09:28 PM,
Today
I made a decision.

I've not reported much of late, dunno why really. It's probably because I've not trained much. I can count on the fingers of one hand how many runs I've had since Almería, and nothing at all since Brighton last weekend. Currently I have no appetite for training; the 16+ mile runs I should be doing now just don't appeal. I feel flat.

The toe nail fell off of the morning of the race (hence new avatar!) But I picked up a calf injury within the first 5 miles that had me considering whether to bale out at half way. True also that dispite the injury I ran the course 2 minutes quicker than Almería. Some success!

No it belongs deeper than the calf. To be honest I just don't that I've exorcised the painful memories of the last 1/4 of New York. No sooner had I got home did I receive the FLM acceptance pack. Bugger! I think I said, and Bugger I meant! No time to wallow, and certainly no time to mentally recover from what was an extremely tough experience.

Half marathons are fun. They don't require you to sign your life away for months on end, yet they are sufficiently long to be a challenge. I think I'll stick to these for a while, hell I may even do a 10k as I've yet to tackle one. But today I decided to defer my FLM place and see if I feel any better about another marathon next year.

I know deep down that next year will be no different, but from the experience of running London and Dublin in the same year I know I have made the right decision. I shall keep running, keep up the diary and keep ticking over. Right through until the first doubts creep in again around about Christmas time.

This time though, I'll be ready.

Messages In This Thread
Today - by Seafront Plodder - 28-02-2005, 09:28 PM
Today - by Nigel - 01-03-2005, 08:20 AM
Today - by stillwaddler - 01-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Today - by Sweder - 01-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Today - by suzieq - 01-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Today - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 02-03-2005, 10:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I met a man today. Seafront Plodder 12 5,986 29-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man