Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forgive me, fellow RC parishoners - for I have sinned.
26-01-2009, 08:50 PM,
Forgive me, fellow RC parishoners - for I have sinned.
You see I have 10K to run in 5 days time and my last run was a 20 minute treddy session on 20 November whilst I had man-flu. Eek I've not kept up with the training, preferring to do it 'tomorrow'.

I mentioned to Sweder (or rather sought his opinion) that I intended to go out this past weekend and run for an hour. No distance in mind, just plod/walk until the 60 minutes were up.

Well since I've taken procrastination to new levels over this Almeria run, obviously that didn't happen...........but tonight it did.

Parking in a spot which I knew was exactly 1 mile from the end of the Seafront, off I plodded. I faffed around for a couple of minutes adjusting things and tightening other things, and set off. It was a laughably slow start and didn't really get any faster but since distance wasn't the issue.......

I stopped 76 minutes later having run exactly 7 miles (11.2 km). Non-stop. Bugger me! I couldn't believe how well I felt. From around 3 miles onwards I was waiting for some discomfort to arrive, but it never did. Lungs were fine, legs, back, calfs, knees, everything. And no walk breaks!

I'm sitting here now with sore nips but hey, small sacrifice eh? Basically I'm chuffed. Both Sweder and Claire have been telling me that the tennis I play will have kept up the fitness levels and I've rubbished both of them. Tennis is totally different, more explosive with periods of rest etc......seems like I may have to eat a dollop of humble pie ("empanada humilde" according to Babelfish Smile ) and perhaps, just perhaps they've been right. Frankly I can't think of any other reason how I managed this distance non-stop tonight after 2 months off.

it's also a big weight off my mind to know that I can finish. Big Grin

Did I mention I'm chuffed? Fully expect to find stairs a challenge tomorrow, but have 5 full days to recover.

Messages In This Thread
Forgive me, fellow RC parishoners - for I have sinned. - by Seafront Plodder - 26-01-2009, 08:50 PM