Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sideways - wine-tasting & running En France
17-08-2005, 10:10 AM,
Sideways - wine-tasting & running En France
A second 5 miler in three days - this IS getting serious!
Following on from my regular jaunts en France I decided to get one in at least every other day this week. I'm flying to Montreal on Thursday night - not the happiest time to be boarding an airliner, but c'est la vie - and the conundrum of getting runs in whilst away (and working) looms large on the horizon.

This early morning malarky is a shock to the system. Bear in mind 'early' for me is a 7am start, and given the time it's taking me to slug up and down the hills just now, that's way too late in the day. Talking to SP just now I whined about how tough it is to hit the hills after 2 weeks running on the flat.
'Now you know how we feel when you drag us up your bloody hills', he replied, sympathy safely tucked away for another occasion.

I engaged the services of Planet Rock this morning, looking for inspiration to suit my perspiration.
I got a mixed bag.

On the ascent, ACDC's It's a Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll) delivered cool irony as I laboured up the rocky paths to Black Cap.

At the Summit, The Who suggested I Can See For Miles, except I couldn't really as the morning sun had yet to burn off the sea mist draped lazily across the dozing downs.

On the return leg I hoped for Tom Petty, and I got some - sadly not Running Down a Dream, my favorite fast-pace soundtrack, but Freefallin', more appropriate for my current running style.

Round trip in 45:58, marginally quicker than Monday but still way over par.
Split in 25:22 shows I'm stronger in the second section, which is encouraging.

Summary: Good effort, must try harder.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

Messages In This Thread
Sideways - wine-tasting & running En France - by Sweder - 17-08-2005, 10:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lockdown Larks: A Non-Running Update Sweder 5 1,199 26-03-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  Running Links Sweder 4 3,199 28-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Antonio247
  Running in North America 2 - Montreal Sweder 10 5,227 26-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Seafront Plodder